Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mr. Frost Is Here

I think that jackets and coats are here to stay. It felt that October was an abnormal month because there were days I'd wake up shivering in the mornings, then frustratingly shedding off my coat and sweater towards the end of the day due to heat and humidity. For me, October was a crazy month in terms of dressing. I didn't know whether to wear a long sleeve or just a blouse to work. There's a greater probability of being either over-dressed or under-dressed in the month of October. I guess that as the cooler temperatures make themselves at home in the area, it is easier to dress for one main purpose - to ward off the cold.





Last week was the first time my car was covered with ice and saw the grass and plants covered in frost, and although I'm not looking forward to scraping ice on my car or even shoveling snow on the sidewalk, I can't help but also get excited about some of my winter favorites like hot chocolate, warm cookies, pink mittens, purple scarves, winter boots, knitted sweaters and soft fluffy warm socks. Winter brings forth a few of my favorite things.

9 comments:

  1. today too my thermometer registered 47F as I drove off to work today - the lowest this season. i think the cold is coming here too. but you go first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the worst part in layering clothes? - ang hirap umihi kasi lahat tatanggalin mo haha!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty the frost makes everything look. We never get frost here. It's always a wonder to me to see it in other people's photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. same thing here :( i just hope it won't be that much snow this year ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. lately i've been thinking that i want to experience a white Christmas, even just once. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the pictures. imagine nagyeyelo ang mga halaman. kaya lang mahina ako sa lamig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the leaves look so pretty, as if they were coated with glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nagsusuot na lang ako ng cardigan underneath my coat dahil malamig pag nagbibike papuntang office tapos tatanggalin ko na lang pagdating. mainit pa kasi sa opisina :)

    btw lovely pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your pictures of frosty green leaves, sis. here in pinas, so mainit pa rin ;)

    ReplyDelete