Monday, October 15, 2012

A Mid-October Update

Photo Source

It's mid-October and the holiday season is upon us. I am excited.

My apologies for my absence in the blogging world, as school has taken precedence in my life.  After this semester, I have one more semester then I have to write my thesis. I keep thinking a lot of you are living far more exciting lives than I am these days. I feel that while I'm stuck rotting with my textbooks, everyone seems to be doing something more fun. I miss having my free time or just traveling to some place on a whim. I miss the familiarity as well as spontaneity of travel.

I do have travel plans, but they won't take place until December. Also, it depends if my Hematologist would approve it; I remain optimistic. My platelets are in the high 20s the past three blood works, so if my count goes up, I'd be hopping on a plane to Spain. This is my second time to visit Spain, and although our port of entry is Barcelona, we will be spending most of our trip exploring Andalusia. Our itinerary is still in the planning stage, so I am hoping we will get our itinerary straightened out before our flight day arrives.

In two weeks, I am going through my fourth bone-marrow biopsy. Please keep me in your prayers and well wishes. There will be other tests that I'll go through as well. November 1st is the completion of my first year in clinical trial and the beginning of my second year treatment for my Aplastic Anemia. It's been a challenging yet enriching journey. But this is one journey I do not wish for anyone.

Here's a few more thoughts I've been mauling about:
  • Christmas exchange gift with me - There were three who joined last year. I am hoping to post the announcement before this month ends, so that we can start posting our lists. This exchange gift is with me, so if you're interested to be my partner, leave me a comment.
  • Have you seen "Taken 2" yet? I love it! The movie is a continuous adrenaline rush, no boring parts.
  • Kepi and I went to the Sugarloaf Festival this weekend and pigged out...oink, oink. I did my little shopping for handmade crafts, but we spent most of our money on festival food - kettle popcorn, turkey leg, greek gyro, steak sandwich and ribbon fries topped with cheese, bacon bits and Japaleno. I'd love to go back to the November festival.
  • October 22 marks the first year Kepi and I are engaged. Wedding plans are on-going.


14 comments:

  1. Good luck with your studies. I hope your clinical trial continues to go well. I am longing to travel too. I would love a weekend in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loree. Oh, I'd love to go to London too. Mom and I are thinking of going there next year. At least the flight time is not too long.

      Delete
  2. I actually admire your attitude, Kayni. Here you are saddled with clinical trials and hospital visits yet at the same time you manage to work, diligently study and travel beyond distant shores. Kudos to your fighting spirit, my friend.

    I will continue to pray for your well being always. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne. I've learned that keeping myself busy saves me from depression and worrying about all the "what ifs" I have to face. Although I admit, there are times I do break down, but a good cry is good for the soul at times.

      Delete
  3. So excited for you and Kepi. Wish you both the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited with you and Kepi. i didn't really know you had a boyfriend as I have learned too little of him from your blog. I am happy that you are happy, and I am glad that you are excited with Christmas. I am, too. this weekend, I plan to decorate the house with Christmas furnishings and a few glitters. I am thinking of having my teddy bear and stuff toy collection as the theme for this year's tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheng, Thank you. I think I write more about Kepi at my more personal blog :). Oh, I like that teddy bear theme. I hope you'll take a photo and post on your blog.

      Delete
  5. I echo Daphne's awe at your stamina and diligence to pursue your education despite all the distractions froom health issues. I am hoping that your health issues gets more and more good news soon.

    Oh I'd love to xchange gift with you this year, make it a tradition.

    Oh Spain continues to tempt me. But right now no plans for Europe. I'm cruising the Caribbean next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Photo Cache. I take my strength from my faith, my family, friends and God. It's been really helpful to have a good support system.

      Ok, I will be posting our Christmas exchange gift wish list soon.

      Delete
  6. Hi Kayni! sorry for the lack of visit, again... oh, how you inspire me Kayni.. now i really know that i'm so lazy^^,

    will always pray for you..

    actually, been busy with sooae. although i have a work to do, i just couldn't let her play on her own at the moment because she's already 21mos old and she just usually babbles. she understands a lot of things i say but as most cases with bilingual parents, she's a bit delayed with her sentence constructions. she knows her numbers both in english and korean but she jambles them.. so banbantayak talaga.. ag-update ako tu kenka.. promise...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came here via Angeli's blog after reading that you were taking classes in Hinduism. Go well with your studies and I will surely keep you in my prayers regarding your bone marrow.
    Have happy travel to Spain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without doing any research, I dont know what a clinical trial is technically. I just used to hear it from the research and development unit of the pharmaceutical company i worked at before. Whatever it is, it sounds like hope. May all your pains be cured and eased soon.

    That's a great feedback for Taken 2, might be watching it over the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. goodluck to you and kepi. you're such an inspiration kayni. will all those health concerns you are still so positive in life and got all the stamina to still pursue your studies. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete