Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween

A Memory: Halloween 2007

I wore face paint, striped ears and a long tail. I drew whiskers on my cheeks, and made sure orange stripes appeared on my forehead and neck. The paint on my face was so thick I felt unrecognizable. When I answered the door to trick or treaters, I jumped-out with a Tiger's roar and playfully scratched the kids with my pretend paws. They ran away screaming with fear while their pumpkin baskets dangled sideways spilling sweets everywhere. Some kids hid behind their parents' back, who were having a Halloween time at their children's expense.

That night, I became a monster. I found contentment in hearing the children's screams and delightfully fed on their fears. I seem to have forgotten who I was as I stayed awake to the wee hours of the night admiring my whiskers and my tail. To top all that, I felt no remorse when I made a little girl cry wearing a ladybug costume. "I'm so sorry," I told her dad with my sincerest voice. Deep inside, I was silently grinning and having an evil good time.

Of course I gave them candies afterwards.

Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

  1. hahaha! i loved the "silent evil laugh" part ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter will be flying over my space comes halloween. Both will be dressed in black robes, pointed hat, and of course with the brooms. My BB gun is ready, hehe....

    Cheers to your halloween night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. caryn, you know when you just have to maintain a straight face but you're laughing within. that's exactly how i felt.

    cheryle, to me, i find halloween fun. i like the costumes and the sweets.

    tb, hmm...you just gave me an idea about BB guns...lol. Happy Halloween.

    sheng, happy halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.your so mean!!!!just kidding. That was one fun halloween!

    I wonder what's your cutome for this year?

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, this is funny! i didn't know you should be scaring the wee trick or treaters! :D

    i don't really know what's going to happen this halloween here, this is going to be my first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. That was fun! Enjoy this year's Halloween. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ms firefly, this is one reason why they say "trick or treat." trick means to scare them, treat means sweets. i give them both a scare and sweets...=). i hope you'll have a fun first halloween. although i'm not so sure how the irish celebrate halloween. i bet there'll be leprechauns and fairies there.

    wits, i think this year, i'll do something much different. i have to stop scaring kids...lol. as if i can...bwahhhaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a mean girl! ha! ha! But that's part of Halloween! :)

    I hope you enjoy this year's trick or treat! I wonder how many kids you'd scare away this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. kg, unfortunately, my firm scheduled board meeting during halloween...grrrr

    ReplyDelete