Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog Award


Thank you, Witsandnuts, and you do know that I do find your blog brilliant in design and content as well.

***This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion is brilliant.



The rules:



When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.



Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!



Here's 10 random honest things about me.
  1. My hair has been "really" short for the past 10 years. I am thinking of growing it long. We'll see how long my patience will last.
  2. I don't like gourmet coffee or tea. If I drink coffee or tea, I'll have it black, but occasionally I'll add milk and sugar.
  3. I love walking in the rain or snow. I find it relaxing.
  4. I wear sneakers on my way to work, then change to my working shoes in the office. It makes my commute easier.
  5. I drink cocoa before I go to bed. It's a tradition.
  6. I haven't been to the movie theatre for almost a year, as I do like watching DVDs at home where I can truly relax. But I think I'll go watch Harry Potter on the big screen this year.
  7. I love purple and pink.
  8. Since I came back from Hawaii, my sleeping pattern has been screwed.
  9. I eat ice cream even in the midst of winter. There's a store near me that offers free ice cream whenever it rains or snows.
  10. I dread my next bone marrow biopsy.

The seven random victims of this award are:

  1. knittering - I love the drawings and crafty ideas on this blog. This blog makes me say, "I wish I was crafty."
  2. Because It's Human Nature to Communicate - This blog is filled with family stories and LOVE.
  3. mordsith - I actually thought she's a Sith Lord, but she's more of a Jedi. The force is strong on this blog.
  4. kumareng grace - I feel lucky to have a cyber kumare. I enjoy her travel postcards so much.
  5. Embracing Everyday - I am new to reading this blog. This blog has given the value of love and hugging to a higher level.
  6. Kero's Celebration - The owner of this blog is family, and family means a lot to me.
  7. Journal of Kuyanin - I am new to this blog, but his blog has excellent design and content. Not to mention that the cold December wind blew him and landed on my blog.

14 comments:

  1. hi kayni! thanks so, so much for this award! i'm so honored [parang artista!]. if only i could give it to you back...i love your site, have I told you it makes me feel as if I'm with you where ever you are and have been. and i'm so glad to have found a friend thousands of miles away through blogging.

    have a great weekend kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kg, you deserve the award =), and thank goodness for blogging, i've met great friends like you. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award! :) I'll make sure to post about it later :D I am extremely touched :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, kayni! i think i'm about to cry... ;) Thanks for the award! I'm ecstatic it came from you. :)

    btw, why will you have bone marrow biopsy? my cousin's undergoing that because he has leukemia, and i know how much it, well, pains him. i hope there's nothing wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to a movie house in over a year too. Waiting for my son to grow up so we can all watch inside the theater together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. next bone biopsy?? sorry to hear that.. all the best ..

    that's a nice store, giving free ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mordsith, You're welcome. The biopsy thing is something I go through annually just to make sure my bone marrows are still working. This is in connection to my platelets. I just don't like the pain involved.

    Josiet, I love the movies, but recently, watching movies at home sounds more convenient and relaxing. I'm sure you and your son will have a blast at the movies.

    Toni, Oh yes, free ice cream is a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whew! i see my link up there! why me? i'm not even in your blogroll :) to be candid, i am so pleased and thankful.
    movie theater is a place i don't frequent as well. i download the dvd-ripped movies then watch it from the comfort of my room :) ooops you're not going to report me to the authorities, are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. glennj, why you? well, you deserve the award, and as the award says "any random blogs." have fun with the award. and no worries, i'm not reporting you for watching ripped movies online =).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kayni.

    Bone Biopsy????oh my...and you said you do it annually. Atleast you know whats happening inside your bones:)

    Happy Weekend Kanyni :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs for you on the next biopsy.

    The tags and awards are amusing. These make us know more about the person and encourage me to check the award/tag recipients' blogs. Happy Sunday, Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeanny, Have a great week.

    Wits, Happy Sunday. My Internet's been going in and out. Anyway, I agree tags and awards are always fun and great source of info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...tracing the origins of the Honest Scrap Award...

    ReplyDelete