Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eminent Eight

I saw this meme at Kero's Celebration, and I thought it's a good way to put things in perspective for 2010. If you feel like doing it, feel free to snag. 

8 Movies I Recently Watched:
  1. Diary of a Mad Black Woman
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
  4. Click
  5. Envy
  6. School of Rock
  7. The Good Girl
  8. Friends With Money
 8 Places To Eat and Drink:
  1. Ceiba (their ceviche is great)
  2. DC Coast (great seafood)
  3. Pho 75 (nothing beats their Pho)
  4. Prime Rib (steak is the word)
  5. Bonefish Grill (Bang Bang Shrimp rules!)
  6. Shilla's Bakery (great cakes)
  7. Ba Le (great banh mi)
  8. Elephant and Castle ("fish and chips" rocks but order sweet potato chips instead)
8+ Things I Look Forward To:
  1. Overcoming or managing better my aplastic anemia
  2. Trip to Puerto Rico (February)
  3. The 2010 National Cherry Blossom's Festival (late March or early April)
  4. Planning this year's long vacation and a possible trip to Las Vegas
  5. Starting a flower and vegetable garden in spring
  6. House renovation around spring and summer time
  7. Increasing my savings
  8. Weekend or day trips during the summer
  9. Becoming credit card debt free
  10. Riding my bike during the spring and summer
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
  1. Feasted on Fish and Chips at Bonefish Grill
  2. Submitted documents for the annual meeting
  3. Received package from Hawaii (Thank you, Mom and Dad.)
  4. Birthday greetings and presents from family and friends
  5. Paid bills
  6. Laundry
  7. New, fresh and clean bed sheets
  8. Cooked noodles for dinner
8 Things I Love About Winter:
  1. Snow can be so pretty to photograph
  2. I love the crunching sound when I step on the snow
  3. A great time for anything hot - soup, apple cider, tea, cocoa, and coffee
  4. Sleeping is better especially when it's snowing or raining
  5. More work holidays
  6. Wearing coats, mittens, and boots
  7. Eating spicy food 
  8. Staying indoors can be so much fun
8 Things I Learned In The Past:
  1. Each day must be lived to the fullest
  2. Always tell family and friends that you love them
  3. Appreciate people and always be grateful
  4. Travel, travel and travel is better than education
  5. Being independent is a blessing and a wonderful thing
  6. Forgive and let go
  7. Always keep an emergency fund
  8. We create our lives (The Secret)

18 comments:

  1. Great list, Kayni....as always. I especially love those life lessons. We create our life indeed.

    Hugsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey! im soo excited for your Puerto Rico trip! lapit naaaaa! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I love the crunching sound when I step on the snow"

    `I'm quite the opposite.. I hate the sound of it. Nangingilo kasi ako..

    I hope you get what you wish for. Get well and enjoy your package.. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i've always wanted to see cherry blossoms! that festival must be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ wits, i'm just going for four days. i'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you learned a lot in your 32 years :)

    Oh vacation to P.R. sounds heavenly. I hear their rum is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! good luck on your puerto rico trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might swipe this meme =) Great 8 things you learned in the past. Totally agree with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post has struk chords with me in different levels, I enjoy most of things u said here And yes travel is better than education :P wishing u all the best for all through the year :P Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice list i like it - so you are one of the people who likes winter it seems :) i get this weird feeling when i step on snow and it crunches .. just like that kind of feeling when you scratch a blackboard with a chalk.. (ugh!) gives me the goosebumps which i have had a lot lately because of snow galore here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Toni, I do love snow at a certain point, but this winter is quite testing my patience. I think there's such thing as too much snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard that The Secret is a good book. Quite convincing, a friend said. I better read that in my lifetime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I couldn't agree more, travelling is the best way to learn new stuff and more about life. Hope you'll have a grand time in Puerto Rico. Looking forward to your reviews and pictures of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kayni! i love snow. i longed for a thick snowfall here in incheon but we received more, we had the record snow fall in 75 years i think, haha,... and then it was nasty after a few days. there were accidents everywhere.. yes, sometimes there is too much snow, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @mordsith, it's a good read =).

    @jehan, right now, it's too much snow here in Maryland. we're expecting more this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those things to looks forward to are really something! They are all very exciting, from the trip to Puerto Rico to gardening.
    I love that list about the things you learned. No one is in charge of our hapiness except us.

    ReplyDelete