Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hershey Gardens In Full Bloom

At this time of year, there are "5,600 roses representing 275 different varieties" in bloom at the Hershey Gardens. Last year, we missed their peak bloom, so this year, we made sure we got there in time to see their full beauty. The roses of Hershey Gardens did not disappoint.

I feasted my eyes at all the beauty and colors. With a camera in tow, I felt like a bee attracted to each bloom, snapping and focusing at every angle. I felt greedy that I wanted to freeze each beauty and wish they'd last for eternity. The air was filled with their sweet floral fragrance and it was like magic - my worries felt so faraway.

I hope these photos I took would bring some color and joy to your day as well.














One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today. (Dale Carnegie)


11 comments:

  1. that's a lot of roses in one place. must be magical to be there when they're all blooming. how pretty they are. i just love roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen so many different varieties in one place. Your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to have witnessed those 'blooming' flowers..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit! Love all the roses. Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh kayni! these are sooo nice! they did make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe at first i thought of the chocolate one but i'm wrong. those flowers are so beautiful. I just love roses so much especially the so-called american roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. grabe ang gaganda nang shots, pang postcard, pang calendar..

    ReplyDelete