Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dear Friends,

You may have noticed that I have not been posting much lately. It's been a rough few weeks. Apart from being taken to the ER (twice) a week ago, my platelets are at its lowest at 23. I've also been suffering with acid reflux due to stress and also found out that I have a mild bulge on my spine causing me occassional pain. I can't write that well these days, as I am still trying to understand or make sense of what's going on with my life. It's been so hard to concentrate on school while going through all these health issues, and I am hoping that I'll surpass all these challenges with the help of God and the support of family and friends.

Next month, I'll be joining a clinical trial for my aplastic anemia (AA). It's been a seat and wait for a few years with my AA but this time, my doctor and I have decided that it is time to confront it. I've been living with AA since I was 27 years old, and I do ask for your support and prayers as I begin this journey to get well. My confidence and courage are battered, and I need every ounce of support and encouragement these days.

I am scared of what is to come. I am scared of the pain. I am scared of losing my sense of self. I am scared of so many things.

I am a work in progress, and I know that God will be with me each step I take.

24 comments:

  1. we will pray for you. and everything will be alright.


    shie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you are not at your best lately. Take care always and I wish you get well soonest. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayni! I feel really sad hearing about your pain but I know that you will be okay :) Please stay strong. We will be praying for you always. Love, kate, nugget and kumo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better and get well real quick. My prayers are with you Kayni. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kayni. I know it's hard but remember,God is always there, He is the great healer.

    Your one strong person that I admire. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad to here that Kayni. We're praying for you. Just stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading about Aplastic Anemia from the first time I knew you're suffering from it. Know that you are in my prayers Kayni. I wish I could be there to hold your hand or hug you as you go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. know that we are all with you, Kayni... hugs and kisses from my Little one.. sana ada kami dita. she'd immediately smile and try to talk or play with whoever goes near her.. di kalman, kayat nan pay tumugot ijay korean language teacher ko idi agawid isunan, haha!

    Godbless...

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck and many prayers coming your way. Hope things turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a big decision you've ever made, facing AA. I know how it goes, I've seen how my childhood friend braved it through ten years ago. And she survived Kayni and in the pink of health ever since.

    I believe in you Kayni, you're a strong person that through pain and fear, you'll make it. Surrender it all to God. You'll always be in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to imagine what you're going through but what I can do is pray for you. Collectively along with others, I have included you in my prayers already when I went to St. Joseph's Oratory in Montreal, a place where people from all over travel to pray for health reasons.

    Please be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad to hear about your health woes, Kayni. Good luck in the clinical trials. I will include you in my prayers. Hang in there! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. get well soon. you will be fine for sure for God is with you every single minute of your life esp in this stage of your life.. stay strong kayni:-)

    God bless:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. we will surely pray for you kayni! just stay strong. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. we will include you in our prayers. don't worry, everything is gonna be alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. warm hug and prayers for you. stay strong kayni :) i hope you get better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kayni, I'm playing catch up so I'm just now reading what is going on with you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God surround you with His love and bring comfort, peace and complete healing to you! Take care of yourself and know you are loved. *hugs* Candace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kayni my prayers are with you. I didnt know you are having health issues. Take care always. Lyra of Butuan Daily Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kayni! Its been a while since I commented here. I will always pray for you. Keep the faith, dont give up. God is good! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Prayers for you Kayni. Don't worry God is with us every step of the way! Everything will be alright. Get well soon Kayni:)

    ReplyDelete