Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter And Dad's 69th Birthday

A wonderful Easter to all!

Today, I am +99 days from my bone-marrow transplant. It is a blessing to be still here. Also, this Easter brings me a deeper appreciation of everything - simple and complicated. Easter means renewal and rebirth, and in my situation, it is new life and new beginning.

Since Dad's turning 69 on April 21st, we decided to celebrate his birthday and Easter together. Kepi prepared all the dishes while I made Dad's birthday cake.

Coincidence it might seem that tomorrow, April 21st, is my Dad's real birth date and I turn exactly 100 days old from my transplant. I don't think it's coincidence at all.

Reviving the dining room for Easter dinner.


Easter spring flowers.

Kepi prepared the ham, made the sweet potatoes, green beans and corn.

I made Basbousa (Egyptian Semolina Cake) for Dad's birthday cake.

Dad makes a wish and blows all the candles. Wish you all the best, Dad!

Dad's lucky tickets.

A wonderful day with Mom and Dad.

6 comments:

  1. Easter is a family affair. Happy b/day to your dad and so happy to hear from you. You are always in my prayers and prayer intentions at church. Stay well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo Cache, Thank you so much for the prayers. Prayers work. Happy Easter and God bless.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you're all together for Easter and looks you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariqia. We had a wonderful Easter. I hope you and your family had a great one as well.

      Delete
  3. It's good to see you're all together on Easter. Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! mukhang napagod magblow ng candles ang dad mo. hehehe. happy birthday to him. and stay well kayni. take care always.

    ReplyDelete