Wednesday, January 28, 2015

White Birthday!

Yesterday, I turned a year older.

Due to work and my evening class, we didn't do anything special. We were supposed to host a Saturday party to celebrate both my first re-birthday and birthday, but we decided to just celebrate at a restaurant instead. I am looking forward to hanging out with an old friend.

The best thing about my birthdays? I get to celebrate "me," and realize how lucky I am to be here.

We've been getting a lot of snow, and we're expecting more this Thursday and Friday.  Here are a few photos from my phone.

I love how the snow rests on the tree branches. This is the Cherry Blossom at our front yard.

 Daisy is officially a snowdog. Daisy loves the white stuff so much.

 Due to the snow and cold temperatures, some neighbors still have their Christmas decorations up.

 Taken in the morning before driving to work.

It is cold, but I can't complain. 

There is so much beauty in winter. To tell you the truth, I am not yet ready for spring because it was in the winter of my life that I learned to appreciate my existence.


6 comments:

  1. Your winter is so beautiful. I know the hassles of commute and everything, but who isn't joyful looking at the wonderland that the snow created?

    Happy belated birthday. It is a a perfect time to celebrate oneself on her birthday. I didn't even think of this concept but I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful the snow is. I love winter much more than summer. Happy birthday Kayni. Hope you enjoyed it. I love winter much more than summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I know i am not a person to appreciate the cold, but having a white christmas for an experience could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Usually, I look forward to having a white Christmas. This year, we didn't have one.

      Delete