Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday, Monday!

At home today, feeling sick.  I wasn't able to sleep last night at all.  Since they've started tapering all my medications, my body has been going through a lot of aches and pains.  My doctor said it's typical to feel this way as my body is adjusting again. I hope to feel normal...soon. Whatever "normal" means for me these days.

Daisy's been under the weather as well. Kepi took her to the vet today and she had a complete check-up. All seems to be normal except that she's been unable to keep her food. I do hope that with the coming of the warmer weather, she'll bounce back. I do miss playing with her at the backyard.

Here's Daisy in one of her pensive moments. She tends to be camera shy just like Dizzy.

Kepi and I having breakfast at a Starbucks after church yesterday. Happy Valentine's Day!

For some great news, my doctor said travel is a "go" as long as I get my vaccinations first.  I am scheduled to get my first round of shots in mid-May.  Kepi and I are excited about planning our trip/s this year. How I've missed traveling the exhilaration and freedom that comes with it. I can't wait!

Well...tonight we're expecting snow and sleet.  I am still hoping for a snow day!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you'll feel better soon. And Daisy too. Believe it or not, it's extremely cold here with the wind chill factor bringing the temperature down to -0.7C. I can't say that I'm sorry. I always prefer the cold to the heat. Hope you get your snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loree. I'm feeling better today. Daisy looks better as well. I can't complain about the weather. It is what it is, but I am hoping for a snow day.

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon. I haven't been getting the right amount of sleep lately, been having tons of aches and pains. Now that I have gotten Rx for this I hope that I can sleep well.

    Yay, traveling soon. How wonderful.

    Take care Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get some restful sleep too. It's really hard to go to work after a night of tossing and turning.

      Yes, I am so excited about traveling again.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, dreamermom. Wen uray dakayo. Hugs to Maia for me.

      Delete
  4. I guess it is part of your body adjusting but can't they give you something for the pain? Good news about the go ahead from the doctors re travel plans! Speaking of travel I'm in HK again to spend 2 weeks with my sister for chinese new year. Loving the cold climate! :)

    Get well soon and stay warm, Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you're in HK...have a great time with your sis.

      I do have Oxycodone for the pain, but it gives me nausea the next day. Most of the time, I take the over-the-counter pain reliever but it only helps minimally with pain management.

      Delete
  5. Wishing you to get well soon and nice knowing you more. Going to travel next month too to my homecountry Philippines:)

    ReplyDelete