Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Be Inspired

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." (Nelson Mandela)

9 comments:

  1. i've always believed that their is something great in each person...no matter who he/she is. And this greatness, for me, surpasses gender, age, educational status, career, etc. That's what I try to think of people, no matter how bad, uneducated, or simple they may be: There is something great within this person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kg, i agree with you. each person is capable of greatness.

    dyanie, yes, he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaah, I have this in my draft ready to be posted someday! I also like this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vitchie, I'm sure you can still publish it. I know you can always come up with a much creative way to write about it. I just posted the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nelson Mandela will always be a very sensible man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favourite quotes, but alas as much as I love our South African ex-president, he cannot be given credit for it as he has never uttered these words
    http://www.nelsonmandela.org/index.php/news/article/deepest_fear_quote_not_mr_mandelas/... The quote belongs to 'Marianne Williamson' from her book 'A Return to Love': http://www.marianne.com/

    I have read the book and found it an inspirational read... Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Thanks for sharing. I always welcome positive thoughts like these.
    No matter how small and insignificant we may be, we touch lives whether we want to or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i envy people who are afraid of what they can do, and not what they can't do. i mean, these are the people who haev come to know their potentials already... or are really confident of themselves but not to the point of being arrogant.

    --i am not sure if i am making any sense at all--

    nelson is one of my favorite people in this universe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete