Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Thought From Rainy Rome

What a day in Rome!

I can sum up our second day in Rome through these words: breakfast, nutella on toast, great coffee, roman forum, palatine hill, colloseo, saw lots of women in skin tight jeans and boots, lunch with pizza margherita and pasta carbonara, piazza navona, rain, san pietro, rain, fontana di trevi, gelato, rain, rain, rain...hotel.

But here's a little thought anyway:

Today, a lot of memories came pouring in apart from the rain. Rome has been my home as a student, and I can't believe I am back visiting. As we walked through the city, we visited familiar places including my old flat at Borgo Pio; the noisy bakery below our former apartment looks the same - dark and full of soot, the restaurants and souvenir shops on my street are still there. Everything seems to be where I left them. In my opinion, Rome hasn't changed since I left, and after all these years, I still feel at home.

Although PW and I were soaked and our shoes went squish, squish, squish as we waded through the flooded streets of Rome, our giggles and laughter drowned the loud rain. As we huddled under our little, cheap, red umbrella, it felt good to be back in Rome.

17 comments:

  1. for me, "Rome" conjures up images of beautiful historical buildings, and yes yummy dishes (pasta!).

    so, when are you going to post some pictures of your roman holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always dreamt of going to rome. It's one of the places i'll visit first once I get the chance. So envious right now. Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Rome. please share some pics.

    happy monday kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kayni, inggit ako. i imagine you happy in rome despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rome..still a wishlist. hopefully we can visit the place soon.

    glad to know you're having lots of giggles despite the rain =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel a smile plastered on my face as I read this post. I thought it was nice how you got back to a place you knew so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't need a photo to describe where you are right now and what has happened. You're a great storyteller. :) Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm... nutella on toast sounds real good. Now I'm hungry! Good to know you're having a great time there, do share some photos soon. Take care Kayni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, reminded me of that audrey hepburn movie.. roman holiday.. kkk...

    it would be nice to see Baguio or La Trinidad like this--- just like what it was when we left the city/town. but no matter what, it's still the home i dearly want to go home or retire to someday... sana, if ever it will change, just for the better lang..

    ReplyDelete
  10. it always feels great to go back to a place that is dear to you, 'di ba? i am happy you are happy, kayni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im happy for you kayni! I wish I could visit Rome too even once in my lifetime haha! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a wonderful day Kayni. Ah, Rome, that's where my pamangkins are. I do wish to visit Rome someday, God willing. Happy Rome-ing! :)

    ReplyDelete