Thursday, January 22, 2015

Things Are Looking Up

It's another chilly morning here.

When I took this photo this morning, I did not want to go to work and wished I could just stay home and enjoy the view.

I've been trying to be more consistent with my blogging, but January is such a busy month especially at work. It doesn't help that I'm also going to class twice a week. The past few weeks have been spent catching up with numerous deadlines and preparing for our company Winter Board Meeting. It's unfortunate that I already feel spent and it's just the first month of the year. I need to figure out how to replenish my energy or I'll be dragging myself to work each day...not a pretty sight.

GREAT NEWS! Last night, my Oncologist e-mailed Kepi and I regarding my bone-marrow biopsy result.  She said, "Your marrow looks fabulous and you are 100% donor." I am HAPPY and GRATEFUL! My meds are now being tapered and I should be getting my immunization in time for Spring. Things have a way of working out after all.

On other news...

WINTER CLEANING! The first month of the year, I usually declutter my office as well as purge through my wardrobe for clothes that don't fit or that I don't like wearing anymore.  It is easier said than done, but I do hope to get better at becoming a minimalist.  I already have a big bag of clothes ready to be donated. For now, I'm going to stop shopping for clothes. Let's see if I stick to this resolution/plan.

In addition to purging, I'm also making a note that I MUST stop buying hoarding the following:

- pens
- bags
- highlighters
- writing pads
- notebooks
- sticky notes

Things are looking up!



4 comments:

  1. I have two bags of used clothing that is sitting in the back seat of my car for weeks now. I've been meaning to stop by Salvation Army and drop them off but I can never find the time or remember. We are so alike in so many ways.

    Yay! Congratulations, it certainly looks like 2015 is going to be your year. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Photo Cache, So funny because my bag of donation is also sitting in our bedroom. Thank you, and I am looking forward to this year's adventures.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is good news, indeed! You are right things do have a way of working out, some may take longer than we want to ... but it gets there. :)

    2015 is off to a good start for you, Kayni and I am glad and grateful for your positive news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they always do. I am looking forward to the adventures that 2015 will bring.

      Delete