Sunday, January 11, 2015

January 11: First Re-Birthday!

It is officially one year since my bone-marrow transplant (BMT)!

Today is my first re-birthday and I couldn't be happier.  Those who have gone through a BMT would fully understand what this day is all about.  I am beyond words.  I have no words that can truly capture what I'm feeling.

At the 8 AM mass, all I could utter were, "Thank you." I hope it is sufficient. I do hope I am worthy.

I didn't have a cake, so I just used one of my pill containers - "May cause dizziness."

Later that day, Kepi took me out for an Italian lunch, and we shared a slice of Lemon Cream Cake. The cake was delicious and we loved it.

This was taken on January 11, 2014. This bag took almost 6 hours to infuse.

The photo above was taken on Day 0, the day I got infused with my donor's cells.  I still remember it like yesterday.  I cried.

My heartfelt gratitude to my family, friends and everyone who gave me that extra push to keep going. Thank you to my donor.  Thank you God for giving me a second chance in life.

12 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations on your first rebirthday. Here's to a whole lot more. Praying that you'll be back to your normal routine including all the traveling you used to do. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Photo Cache. Oh how I miss traveling. This is a big week of tests.

      Delete
  2. Happy 1st re-birthday, Kayni. Here's to many more re-birth days for you. Keep the faith and stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will keep the faith and I will remain strong.

      Delete
  3. Dear Kayni, I am so happy for you. You are looking great. Happy first re-birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first re-birthday, Kayni! Keep going and stay strong. take care always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday, Kayni. I agree with Loree. You really are looking great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy re-birthday to you Kayni!! I've been out of the blogging loop too for about two years so haven't visited your blog, so I'm backreading like crazy here :) . My God, what a journey you had! And the courage to go through all that. Kudos to you! Keep going! And congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lui.

      It seems that a number of bloggers have been on hiatus or have just completely stopped writing.

      Delete