Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Presidential Inauguration 2009

Four million people are expected to attend President-Elect Obama's Inauguration next year. I can't fathom that many people roaming around DC, and the thought of such a huge crowd is suffocating to me. I've never been a crowd person. Actually, the last time I was caught in a crowd was during the La Notte Bianca (White Night) in Rome. You can read more about La Notte Bianca here. I almost fainted at that time, as the streets of Rome were so crowded you've had to physically push people to get through. Going back to 2009's Presidential Inauguration, all hotels are already fully booked for that week, and DC, MD, and VA residents are renting out their houses and apartments. Some houses are even renting at $5000 per night and some even more. As for me, I've decided to rent out my one-bedroom apartment, as I plan to be out-of-town that week. Either my place will be rented or not, I'll be out-of-town anyway, as I don't plan to battle my way through the crowds. I'll be contented watching the Inauguration on TV - somewhere else. To read more about the Inauguration, click here.

So, if you know anyone planning to attend the inauguration but having a hard time finding a place to stay, I have available for rent, a clean, cozy, one-bedroom apartment, walking distance to the Metro, and 25 minutes to Downtown DC by train.

12 comments:

  1. "So, if you know anyone planning to attend the inauguration but having a hard time finding a place to stay, I have available for rent, a clean, cozy, one-bedroom apartment, walking distance to the Metro, and 25 minutes to Downtown DC by train."

    Oh, how I'd love to go. Hope your offer stays even if not for the inauguration.... I'd love to go there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a crowd person too. I usually give me a headaches.

    have a great day Kayni ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kg, You're welcome to stay at my place when you come here =). As long as you don't mind sleeping on the futon.

    Jeanny, I agree. I'm not at ease in crowded places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go, but not on that day, it'd give me a heavy migraine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to go to the inauguration b/c it's so historic. Hmmm..... I wonder if I should. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i so hate crowds, too! they make my blood boil..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my most crowded moment when I joined the delegation of World Youth Day when I was in 4th year high. I almost fainted, it must be the faith and excitement that kept me sane and a little energized. Another one was when I struggled through the crowd/Christmas rush in Divisoria and Binondo years ago. I never intend to do that again!

    It's tempting to avail your offer. Lucky would-be occupant(s). =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheng, I know what you mean =).

    Wil, Pack up and c'mon down to DC...lol.

    Angeli, Exactly, my first reaction when I'd see a crowd is to avoid it. I still don't understand how some people love it.

    Wits, I've never been to Divisoria. I've heard good sales there. I should visit next time =).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will probably 50/50. 2 million onlookers and 2 million security personnel.

    It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some individuals or groups are caught with guns and explosives. Security will be very, very tight.

    Cheers to Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't like crowds either. but crowds do like me.joke :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. TB, Actually, they're now doing a lot of security measures here. They're now randomly checking bags just to ride the Metro. It's a nuisance, but it's obvious how worried they are about security.

    Fren, I wonder why crowds like you...lol. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a bad experience with a crowded place. It was a SALE in Megamall (i was a college sophomore) and people were pushing each other. When we were about to eat I found out I was robbed. My bag was slashed :(

    To witsandnuts: I was a delegate to the World Youth Day too. We travelled all the way from Surigao to Manila. And I was a 4th year high then too :)

    ReplyDelete