Friday, October 24, 2008

Freedom Friday

It's Friday evening, and it was a rough day at work. A number of my colleagues have gone bar drinking but joining the happy hour crowd isn't really my thing anymore. When I reached the age of 27, I seem to have unconsciously decided that I'm through drinking and mingling with the nocturnal crowd. I think my definition of fun has completely changed. At the end of every work day, I prefer coming home to my apartment and shutting societal demands outside my front door. It seems so ironic that I feel more freedom in my one-bedroom abode than on the clamorous streets of big DC. In my small home, I can do anything I want from slouching on the couch and eating unhealthy food.

After a stressful day at the office, I like to come home and bake cookies or cakes. I like baking sweets or anything with chocolate, as I find them comforting and friendly. At the moment, I have fudge baking in the oven, and the aroma of the almighty chocolate is nothing but heavenly and relaxing. This is the first time I've added chocolate syrup with the mixture, so I'm excited to see how this will turn out. So tonight, as I turn on my cable and watch "The A-Team" outwit the bad guys, I'll have warm fudge topped with vanilla ice cream. This is what I call - freedom Friday.

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I think everyone reaches that point in life when we "graduate" from the norms and be at peace at who we really are, thus really settling into what's inportant to us and not give a rat's ass to what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm passed with my height of night out, too. I occasionally still go with late night dinners, etc. But I easily get tired now. Sign of aging. Lol. Half of the weekend, I prefer to just staying at home. I agree that the idea of having fun relatively changes over time. And oh well, I love eating unhealthy food!

    Enjoy the weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Me too. Not that I was a party animal pre-27th birthday anyway hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm yummy, i am curious how the fudge turned out, next time show us :) which reminds me i need to find a simple recipe too to bake, as i will be having my colleague for coffee and cake tomorrow :)happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy weekends kayni! Hope to be able to taste some of your baked goodies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rico, You're right. I have reached that phase where I have that "I am who I am" attitude. It's liberating.

    Wits, It could be a sign of aging, and if that's the case, then aging is a blessing except for the wrinkles.

    Layrayski, Oh yes, I've been quite a party goer back then.

    Toni, I've added a photo of the fudge. What are you going to prepare for your guest?

    Kg, The fudge brownies were really delicious. I wish I could send one through the Net...lol.

    Sheng, I hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a mark of adulthood, I'd say.. I've had that too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi artemis, good to see you're back. how was palawan?

    ReplyDelete