Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shaved Ice and Celestial Treat

Tonight, our area got a light dusting of snow. It looks like someone up there was making shaved ice.
Here's Mom enjoying her first snow. Hopefully, there'll be more snow throughout the night.
I've been meaning to post this photo I took on December 1st. I took several photos, but this one seems to be the most decent. This is supposedly the "rare conjunction of the Moon, Venus and Jupiter." Mom and I were in awe witnessing such a rare celestial treat.

5 comments:

  1. I did not witness that. Were am I ba that time :)


    Have a happy Sunday Kayni & Mom :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these photos. Doesn't happen everyday. Too bad I missed the gathering of planets and moon. I must be already sleeping then. Lol. Happy weekend, Kayni. Hugs for your Mom. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..when can I have my first snow?!

    I didn't know about the moon, venus and jupiter thing. Sayang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanny, The next conjunction will be in 2012, so be ready.

    Wits, I hope you had a fun weekend.

    Josiet, I hope you'll have your first snow soon. It can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow on the leaves reminds me of the time Pinatubo erupted. Everything was covered with a thick layer of what looked like snow, which was actually ash and, sadly, hardened over time.

    I remember how I shrieked and spun around trying to catch the snowflakes the first time I saw snow in the town of Zermatt, at the foot of Mt. Matterhorn :)

    ReplyDelete