Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sour Wednesday

I have a love and hate relationship with winter, but today, I am starting to hate winter much more, not to mention that we have a month and a half more to go. I know hate is a strong word, but this morning was so cold I felt like a frozen meat that needed serious thawing. It doesn't matter how much lotion I've been using, my skin still looks and feels dry. My nostrils sting from inhaling the chilly air, and my cheeks numbly burnt from the wintry breeze. But then again, I chose to live in this area, so I'll just suck it up and take it.

Seasons like these make me consider moving some place warmer, possibly changing my job and engaging a new way-of-life. But from a pure economical standpoint, this is not the right time to be switching jobs or even consider changing careers. These are tough financial times, so I'll just suck it up and take it.

Then again, I'm probably just pissed because someone in the office ruined my morning, and I can't find a way to appease my super sensitive feelings. Or, I feel completely off and irritable just because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. This too, I'll suck it up and take it.

8 comments:

  1. For some reason there are days when everything just seems off.

    Have a chocolate, I am sure it will make you feel better..hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. josiet, i feel so off today. i already ate a bunch of kinder bueno, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me complain less about the chilling here. It's really not a good time to change jobs. That, too, shall pass. I'm suggesting the same (as I do), chocolates will help you feel better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you feel better tomorrow, kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep warm and think positive. days like these are normal, we all have these days. remember emotions are impermanent, this too shall pass :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wits, thank you. i'm trying to calm down. chocolate is really a life saver =).

    mordsith, thank you. i'm hoping today will go smoothly.

    artemis, thanks. yes, it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayni, if your temp is > 20F, I'll consider it warm, hehehe. We've been exposed to below 0 here in Chicago.

    Cheers,
    blog of the SaGaDa-iGoRoT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sagada-Igorot, We've gotten single digits the past few days, but I have to admit, you guys got it freezing there. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete