Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walk In The Woods

I couldn't sleep last night. I went to bed at about 2 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. I thought it was unfair that I can't get my eight hours. I feel cheated. After my trip to the grocery store, I decided to go for a relaxing walk at Rock Creek Park. It's a huge park covering DC, MD and VA, and I'm lucky because it happens to be a few steps from my front door. So here begins my walk in the woods...
entry to the woods

a white dogwood blooms at a clearing

flowers i can't name...

azaleas?...i think

another white dogwood peers from the woods

cluster of white delight

a tree get's greener

a squirrel pauses from digging for a snap

pink dogwood

i thought these flowers were where they're ought to be...framed perfect

I had a wonderful, relaxing walk. I'm hoping I'll get a good night's sleep tonight. As I write this post, my chicken tinola simmers. I'm so happy I found frozen malunggay leaves at the grocery store. I'm tossing in some slices of sayote too. Dinner's on me tonight. Join me.

16 comments:

  1. Forgive me for the "relapse", but all the photos (except for the ones with lovely flowers)reminded me of Twilight scenes. Actually leading me to some scenes in New Moon (book 2), especially that day when Bella went to the woods and Edward broke up with her.

    It's good you have malunggay leaves there. I've been scouting for one here, no success. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wits, twilight relapses are absolutely "okay"...lol. i was overjoyed when i found malunggay leaves. i've been craving tinola with malunggay. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Kayni,
    What a cute blog you have here! Love the photos!!
    Thanks for stopping by & leaving me a comment.
    Cindy O

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmm....i seem to be smelling the tinola:) parang masarap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow kaynie, if that's the kind of woods i had in my village, i would be taking more walks! grabe! super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy malunggay with sayote, so unfair i cannot get them here :(

    thanks for taking us to your walk in the woods. beautiful and that squirrel is adorable.. how did you get him to pose for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice nature around you, if i were you i'd go there everyday and just stare at those blooms!

    does sayote grow there? what's the english for it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy, Mahalo for visiting me too. I'm glad you liked the photos.

    Abella, The tinola was really good =). I am proud of it.

    Kg, Tamad ako kung minsan...lol.

    Toni, The squirrel was a hit or miss. I was quick enough to get one while he/she stood up to look at me...lol.

    Vitchie, At the store, it's called Chayote. It can grow here during the summer months, but won't survive the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very lovely view you had kayni. I'm jealous =) must've been quite relaxing. btw, I like the new look. very cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Layrayski, Thank you. I'm glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these pictures esp. the one with the squirrel in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. onyxx, thank you. yes, the squirrel really took a pause to pose =).

    ReplyDelete
  13. the squirrel was really cute... haay, i do take longer routes, passing by a park to get more fresh air, walking home at night just to have a good night sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  14. jehan, it's good to go for walks and long ones are much better. i agree. the squirrel is cute =).

    ReplyDelete
  15. *sigh* you're such a lucky girl, Kayni. You see, I loveee your surroundings. And if only I have one like that, you'd see me there every chance I get. A treasure indeed! *sigh ulit*

    Galing mo naman, nakakapagluto ka pa ng Pinoy food. Iba talaga panlasa ng Pinoy ano? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. lene, kahit saan, i find myself searching for our Filipino taste. it's an addiction =).

    ReplyDelete