Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farmer Cat Sleeping On The Job

Last weekend, this was the early morning sight that greeted me from my bedroom window (photo below). It was unnerving to see a black animal lying lifeless (that's how it looked like from afar) on my corner vegetable patch. I immediately ran to the living room to get a clearer/closer view. I recognized that, that's actually my neighbor's cat, Angel, but I wasn't sure if she's breathing or not. I thought she fell from the fence and injured herself. I zoomed the camera lens to see if she's breathing, and yes, she was. Phew!

I'm amazed how she carefully positioned herself that she didn't sleep on any of my plants. I guess she's a farmer at heart.

The plant on her rear is a butternut squash, on her front is a cucumber. Later that day, I checked on my plants and found out that one of the strawberries was eaten. Mystery? I suspect a rabbit or a squirrel sneaked in and munched on the strawberry while Angel was fast asleep. Or, did she, Angel, ate the Strawberry? I really should have checked if her whiskers were tinged with red.

Anyway, if I were to put a headline on this photo, it would be - "Farmer Cat Sleeping On The Job."
Any other headline suggestions?
Happy Thursday!

19 comments:

  1. your title is on the spot kayni! but the cat looks so cute....and i'm not fond of cats ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute, angel looks like my "emma" and sleeps like her too except that emma sleeps in bed on top of a pillow on on top of me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fond of cats. :( On a good note, I admire you for starting your vegetable patch na. I'm sure, you're always excited to see them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sheng, i agree.

    @ kg, she is cute and i'm not fond of cats too.

    @ photo cache, emma is luckier. angel sleeps on the fence night after night.

    @ lene, yes, i'm so excited about the vegetables. i'm hoping for a good harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha she's so cute! cats really look dead when they're sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a vegetable patch? cool! :)

    that's one of the things that living in a condo does not make possible. oh well..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i grew up having cats in the house. we even had a black one. this cat is definitely cute.. and about the strawberry, a "jerry" sneaked in while "tom" was asnoring..

    ReplyDelete
  8. nope, the title fits your post.

    I dream of living in a house that has a garden so I could plant. I'll probably surround my house with flowers... If I may ask, why squash and cucumber? Usually people plant flowers but in your case you like vegetables..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ april, i was really nervous when i saw her just lying there, but i'm glad she's just sleeping. i agree. she's cute.

    @ angeli and bittersweet, i love vegetable gardening. this is just my backyard vegetable garden. i also have a flower garden at the front of the house.

    i planted cucumbers bec they're easy to grow, and for the squash, i love eating their flowers.

    @ jehan, you're so right. angel looks like tom. good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice title. I wonder who ate the strawberries.

    I often see a stray cat lounging in the garden every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same observation, it's admirable that these creatures are sensitive enough not to destruct the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good title! I thought cats only sleep inside the house. But then again, I don't know anything about cats. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very responsible cat. at least your veggies are safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. big AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

    the feline with a conscientious heart for veggies! amazing how she didn't bite the leaves off your plantations. some cats like to eat leaves to cleanse their digestive tract. my cat does that to our house plants. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a sweet cat :) yup cats do find the strangest places to get a nap, but she is such a farmer at heart like you said. i suspect one of the birds ate your strawberries. last year, all mine were eaten by birds..they love strawberries, especially the blackbirds..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was shock to know from a comment here that my cat might be responsible for eating all the leaves of my lemmon grass.I wondering every morning why leaves were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Diamond, Oh yes, that could be true. My farmer cat eats strawberries. Kapag tignan mo yong nguso niya, pulang pula dahil sa kakakain ng strawberry...lol.

    ReplyDelete