Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Maryland Summer

Let's take a break from my Niagara Falls posts.

This Thursday will be the first day of autumn. Time has really flown, and although I am excited with the coming of the festive holidays, I also wonder where has the time gone. All I knew is that I couldn't wait for summer to be over and the next day, it's fall. Why does time fly when you're having fun? I guess it's time to air out those sweaters and coats again.

It seems that summer doesn't want to let go, as we're still expecting 90 degree temperatures in the next few days, I guess like me, summer doesn't do well with changes. Silly summer!

Well, here are some photos of Maryland summer; a good proof of what 2010 summer is (was) like.




A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made.  The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air. (Eric Sloane)

I am looking forward to autumn.

5 comments:

  1. I would love to spend summer over in your place if I can trade my summer stay here in the desert =)

    We seem like to have a hazy cover over us that last night my mother-in-law commented the sky seemed so near compared back home.

    Those blue skies with patches of white curly clouds are visually relaxing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just heard a report that says study has concluded that summer 2010 is the warmest summer globally.

    however, it is one of the coolest locally here. go figure.

    am so ready for fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. imagine na lang our summer here kayni! :)

    yay for autumn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about the autumn in that part of the globe because we don't have that here. I'm excited because I'll be able to 'experience' it through your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. except for our travels (to the same island, kkkk), i think i didn't even have the interest in taking pictures of what summer is like in parts of korea.. ah... i must do this next year...
    i'm so ready for autumn. i'm so excited. it's quite chilly already in the evenings and my husband is always so worried since i still kick the blankets off me when he's already asleep... while i'm told to always keep my body warm, i still want to feel cool. it's my first pregnancy they say, so i always have to be careful..
    ahh.. maybe i just love to feel and the thought of my husband putting back the blankets on me, kkkk....

    ReplyDelete