Monday, March 21, 2011

Wicked In D.C.

Image Source Here.

The musical Wicked is coming to D.C.! I have been waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Last week, Kennedy Center's website was slowed down due to the volume of people purchasing tickets and trying to get good seats. It took me four tries before I got into the website and about two times I lost the seats I wanted. Finally on Tuesday afternoon, I got two front row, tier 2 tickets for a July showing. I know it's three months away, but now I can relax knowing that I have seats reserved.

Here's an info about Wicked, taken from The Kennedy Center website:
Wicked

Music and lyrics by Stephen SchwartzBook by Winnie HolzmanDirected by Joe Mantello

Back by "Popular" demand. Entertainment Weekly calls Wicked " the best musical of the decade," and when it last played Washington, D.C. in 2005, it broke box office records and sold out in record time. Winner of 35 major awards, including a Grammy and three Tony Awards, Wicked is Broadway's biggest blockbuster, a cultural phenomenon, and was named "the defining musical of the decade" by the New York Times.

Long before that girl from Kansas arrives in Munchkinland, two girls meet in the land of Oz. One--born with emerald green skin--is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good makes for "the most complete and completely satisfying new musical in a long time" (USA Today).

4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Maybe one day it will come to Malta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching musicals too! Wicked seems very good..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've always wanted to see this "gravity-defying" musical on broadway but it's almost never on sale!

    ReplyDelete