Monday, November 7, 2011

The Oresund Bridge And Souvenirs

Of course while in Stockholm, I couldn't resist purchasing some souvenirs. And, my visit to a city or country is not complete until I taste their very own sweets or chocolates. I've collected quite a number of fridge magnets now, and it seems that they're now my favorite item to collect; it used to be postcards.


Anyway, apart from the souvenirs that make me excited, the Oresund Bridge was one cool bridge that amazed me. Connecting Sweden and Denmark, the bridge is over 10 miles (16,4 km) and is the connection between the metropolitan areas of Copenhagen and Malmo. Built in 1991, the bridge is perfect for travelers wanting a quick connection between Sweden and Denmark without flying, the Oresund Bridge now carries more than 60,000 travelers daily - amongst them both local commuters and visitors. The Oresund Bridge offers a 4-lane road carrying 6 million vehicles per year, and two train tracks (another 8 million people each year). (Source)

Here are a few shots I took of the bridge:





I hope everyone is having a spectacular Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. I had never heard of this bridge. That is so great that it joins 2 different countries. Sometimes I wish we had a bridge to somewhere - just to escape every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that image shot from under the bridge is very sleek.

    I am reawly fascinatingly curious about these Scandinavian countries now that you're featuring them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang ganda, I hope I have a trip there soon, a shot to the moon, but seriously, I think I should at least try to wish for a trip to somewhere far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh kayni, i love your pics!

    we also collect ref magnets. but i'm starting to think it's not a good idea because our ref is getting too cluttered!

    ReplyDelete