Friday, October 4, 2013

A Friday Thought

I seem to be getting my blogging spirit back but that's probably because I need an outlet or a place to vent. I am yearning for a place - a safe place that no illness can reach.

Preparations for the bone marrow transplant is rolling as we speak. The hospital sent me a message that HLA testing results should be in by next week. After that, they'd be able to identify my 10/10 match.  I am praying they'd find him/her soon, and I hope he/she will say, "Yes".

Timing is a bit off because if my calculation is right, I'll be admitted at the hospital by late November or early December. I dread spending Christmas at the hospital. It won't be easy not being home during the holidays especially that I'll be spending at least four to six weeks in there.

On another thought, I wanted to write about my transplant experience on this blog, but since my husband's company wants to set up bone marrow drives in the area, I had to start a new blog for them to use for their campaign. (I didn't like the idea of my husband's coworkers reading about our personal stuff so I'm keeping this blog just for us.)

So if you'd be interested to follow my bone marrow journey, please follow me here - kayni's bone marrow. I also started a Facebook page to create awareness on rare diseases and the urgent need for minority bone marrow donors, please help me disseminate information by liking this Facebook Page. This is the least I can do for now. This page will also publish current bone marrow drives going on in the area.

I wish everyone a happy Friday and a great weekend. Thank you for all the encouraging comments, please keep them coming.


4 comments:

  1. i hope all goes well with this campaign and that by the breaking of the new year you'd be planning for trips that you didn't take in 2013. hugs and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Photo Cache. I miss traveling so much. I feel imprisoned at times.

      Delete
  2. I hope all goes well and that you will find a donor soon. I think you are very brave to share your story. May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree, Each day is a long wait. I do pray that my treatment will be started soon.

      Delete