Monday, July 21, 2008

Loony Monday

It's 4 PM, and work is starting to slowdown. I still have a stack of papers to deal with, but I'm about ready to fall asleep or just get a few minutes of shut eye. It's Monday, and I already feel exhausted. I guess that's what an early morning meeting can do to you. I've been running around the office making sure everything is ready especially that we have company members visiting. So far, the meeting was a success, and I'm just glad to be back in my office resting at the moment.

These days, my office looks boring. I took down the paintings last week, and I have a pile of documents on the floor. I still have to empty a couple of shelves and drawers; throw away stuff I don't need anymore. I am really bad at throwing things, as I seem to end up keeping most of it. Whenever I look at an old notebook or some outdated reference book, something tells me that "I might need it someday," so I end up stacking it back. This attitude totally defeats the idea of purging unneeded materials. As of now, I haven't thrown away anything. Who knows, I may never will.

Everyone in the office will be doing some office clean-up this summer due to a major office renovation. Admin said the actual work will start this week and may last until September. It's good they will be working at nights and weekends only because I can't imagine myself working while someone is hammering or drilling somewhere. My office will be getting a new paint and some new furnitures. So, while my walls are bare and my library is in chaos, I can marvel on the thought that soon my office will feel like home again.

8 comments:

  1. hi kayni. i, too, am bad at throwing away things, especially papers and documents that I might eventually need. my office is not my office without them, and i've been putting off clearing them out. but with the office space getting smaller and smaller, i know that they will have to go eventually, he he.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, You have a wonderful week. I've started making a list of the things I need and the things I "have" to throw away. It's a battle within, but let's see if this list will help me decide better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still have some of my old notebooks from college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angeli, I'm the same. I still have my notebooks from college, and some from high school. I don't know but they bring so much memories whenever I look at my old handwriting or drawings on the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'keeping' stuff also, even receipts haha. It's physically easy to dispose (but yeah I'm thinking I might need them pa), it's the regret that's difficult to throw away. I hope the days that followed are no longer loony. Have a bright day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. witsandnuts, well, it's still loony, but manageable =). i actually keep the receipts too, thinking i'd put them in a scrapbook but never got to doing it. sigh! have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh are you allowed to choose which colour you want to have for your room? that would be nice if you are allowed to. then you can really say almost home :) yup, i am guilty.. i also have lots of things to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toni, The building planner and interior decorator came up with different color schemes then showed it to us. We then chose which one we really liked. I guess, we did choose the color we liked. =)

    ReplyDelete