Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meet Pinky

I wanted to write a much longer post, but I think that this photo and a little narrative would sufficiently explain my successful project. I have to say that the experience and the process was quite challenging and very stressful,  but in the end, absolutely rewarding. More than a year after I wrote my bucket list, I actually made part of number four into a reality. Until today, I still couldn't believe I'm finally the owner of a house I referred to as 'pinky.'
I met 'pinky' about three months ago, and it caught my eye because of it's workable size and the beautiful view from the living room, which I'll take a photo of at a later time. I referred to this house 'pinky' because there's a part of the house that's painted pink. Also, at that time, I was visiting so many houses and this house really stood out in my mind because of that striking pink color. From then on, I fought and stressed to make 'pinky' my home. So when I stated that I won't be home for Christmas, it was a misstatement because I will be in my own home for the holidays. Although I will stress that I will miss Hawaii this year.

Next month, I will be moving to my house, and since I have started to pack my belongings, I can't help but think how I'll miss my apartment (photos below) which has been my home for the passed two years. This apartment has seen one of the worse experiences in my life, the break-up, but it also laid witness to how I stood up, moved on, and succeeded. I will definitely miss this apartment.

Lastly, dreams absolutely do come true no matter what!

25 comments:

  1. wow. kayni, i am so happy for you. ang galing talaga. may i just share that we are somewhat in the same happiness because right now, i am here in our new home... blogging thanks to globe visibility of mordsith. :-)

    i agree with you.. dreams do come true no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations with the house! such an exciting time moving, decorating and arranging the furniture :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eks and toni, thank you. i am looking forward to doing some home work...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats kayni! i'm so, so happy for you! hope i can visit you there someday! he! he!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kg, thank you. anytime, just drop by. you can come help me paint...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hello there "Pinky"!

    I'm so happy that you are now a property owner, Kayni. Have fun decorating and turning your house into a home.

    Oh and kindly email me your new addy so I can update my address book. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, Kayni. Congratulations on your new home! What a Christmas gift!

    I'm happy for you, geart achievement. I'm sure you're overly giddy with 'pinky'.

    Share us other parts of 'Pinky' ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay, a new home! what a beautiful christmas present! what an exciting time for you, congratulations and enjoy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, congrats! I'll help you paint. =) Btw, kindly email me your new addy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, a new home. Just in time for Christmas!!!

    Congratulations Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, sis! So happy for you! Wow, so you have a bucket list. :) I considered writing one myself after I saw the movie, but I have yet to get to it.

    Hubby and I are buying a log cabin atop a hill of guavas ourselves, and I can't wait to move into it. But it won't be mine until February yet, so... (fingers drumming..) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Kayni! Pinky surely is lovely. When's the house-warming???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congradulations! yes dreams do come true and I wish all that from ur bucket list to be true!

    I could really relate to u with the sentiment of apartment, during our hard times. Next month I am packing to go for india for good and I would too miss my current apartment :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation Kayni. So happy for you. So mag house warming na tayo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone, Thank you; this is indeed a wonderful Christmas gift. And for those requesting for my new address, I will be sending them soon.

    Sis, I am looking forward to seeing photos of your log cabin =).

    Bittersweet, I still have to plan for the housewarming =). Thank you.

    Srivats, I wish you well on your move back to India. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi kayni i got the name of the flower - maybe you can plant it in your garden next spring ;) then they bloom in summer ..it's called sneezeweed..they are very easy to take care of...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Toni, Thank you =). I am looking forward to having a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nothing beats that Kayni! i'm so happy for you and Pinky looks sweet and lovely! simple, small, cozy and manageable..

    but how do you do this kind of thing in america? do you pay by installment? or did you pay full? or the thing they call mortgage?

    pls enlighten me in my ignorance :-)


    and pinky still in washington DC?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vitchie,

    Yes, it is paid through a loan - mortgage payments. Pinky is located in the countryside of Maryland. I've decided that city life isn't for me. I love the quiet country - like what we're used to in the Cordilleras.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Kayni! sorry, i thought i left a comment here already,kkk...

    congratulations! your house is so cool... Alex and I have been contemplating a lot. I love the countryside. should we transfer to a new house, i want it to be away from the noise and buzz of the city. i grew up in La trinidad and acted like we owned it until the rapid but not good looking developments sprung up. but in spite of it all, i still love LT. i love the fact that i can go to the city and can still return to our quiet place after a very busy day...

    i have an uncle and an aunt with their families in Maryland... i just don't know their exact locations...

    ReplyDelete
  21. we'd love to have a house of our own too.. in the near future.. congratulations..

    ReplyDelete