Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Little Visitor

This little guy has been visiting me since last week. He perches on the balcony railing and sits there until he decides to move on. I don't know what he particularly likes on my balcony - maybe the view or maybe my company. I don't feed him, as I know these smart creatures are self-sufficient. Besides, there are tons of nuts and trees in the neighborhood, as I live close to a protected forest park. I took this photo when I first saw him. I took it through the screen, as I thought he'd scurry away if I'd open the door.
Here's a closer photo of him. This week, I even managed to stand on the balcony without scaring him away. I think he's cute.

12 comments:

  1. he/she is cute. my imagination is telling me he/she might be a guardian of sorts. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mordsith, You may be right. He/she could be a guardian. I'd better be nice to him/her =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cuuuute! yes, he is either one of your totem animals or a messenger, if you see it only this time then perhaps he's just a messenger, you may want to look at this; http://www.spiritualnetwork.net/totems/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute, I love that pic without the screen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we have tons of those squirrels over here. We also have racoons, which can be scary when there's a bunch of them in the early morning when its still a bit dark. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artemis, I just checked the website you sent me. It's so interesting. I will read more on totem animals. Thank you.

    Sheng, Yeah, I like that same photo too.

    Wil, Oh, I've only seen one raccoon since I moved to this apt. Raccoons also cute =).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute but I'd be scared to get near it/him/her. I am just not an animal person I guess..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. kayni, ang cute naman nyan! why don't you adopt him/her as your pet> he! he! walang ganyan dito eh [at first look though, I thought it was a big rat! ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Josiet, Oh squirrels are quite nice =).

    kg, I'd definitely want to adopt this one, but I do welcome his visits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guess they're cute but becareful if you have house pets like dogs, because it can extract fleas on dogs. It was frustrating for me because I had to take the dogs out to go pee everyday. I had to spend 50 dollars every month to get flea treatment.

    ReplyDelete