Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Yes, the recent warm weekend energized me. On Saturday, I was out walking and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. I ditched my car and walked to the grocery store instead. I wanted to ride my bike, but since I haven't used it for months, the tires deflated. I'm really looking forward to riding my bike this spring. I think I am getting ahead of myself again. I mean, winter is not over yet. Be warned that when summer comes, I'll be complaining about heat and humidity as well.

On Sunday, I drove to the nearest office store and finally bought a new printer/scanner. My old printer from college gave up on me a few months ago, but I just didn't bother replacing it. I thought it's about time to get some serious printing and scanning done. Also, it's tax season so I really need paper proof on how much I owe/paid Uncle Sam. I get really stressed at this time of year. I hate preparing my taxes, but I do it anyway. I don't know when I'll get the courage to sit down and sift through my receipts and W-2, but it has to be S-O-O-N.

Finally, Monday came too soon, and it was a so-so day. I hope Tuesday's better.

8 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for doing your own taxes. I use a tax preparer b/c I'm not sure I can maximize my return unless I use professional help. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cycle has been hibernating too this winter, i'm definitely not cycling at this time. so i'm looking forward for spring too, i need my exercise, i'm feeling really lethargic being stuck inside the house.

    have a great week kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wil, It takes time and practice to learn this tax thing. I like learning, but you don't want to see me when I'm fuming because I missed something and the stress is getting into me...lol.

    Ms Firefly, I know what you mean. At least you're doing a lot of crafty projects at home. Have a great week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wil and Kayni, oh hire me! Kidding. =) I'm planning to bike this weekend and take some photos, too. I hope I'd be able to get up early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Kayni! well for me, Mondays, really, are so-so days, especially if one's a busy bee. I really hate it when it's a Monday; read my description: it's 'intoxicatingly sickening'. (See how I abhor Mondays hehe?) :)

    i hope you're now enjoying the mid-week and by this time have started your tax-preps.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wits, You know I keep telling myself to get up early on the weekends, but it never happens. I hope you'll be able to take lots of photos.

    Fren, Yes, Mondays are so tough especially when they schedule an early meeting. I'm glad it's Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! i know what you mean; winter is really a time for hibernation. yup, the fiscal year is ending in japan as well. its march for us. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. caryn, if i could only make winter go by faster, i would...lol.

    ReplyDelete