Monday, March 30, 2009

How Langdon Thinks

In preparation for the movie, I am rereading Dan Brown's book, Angels & Demons. I found these passages quite intriguing and interesting:

Langdon's head was pounding louder now...tiny voices playing tug-of-war.

Faith does not protect you. Medicine and airbags...those are the things that protect you. God does not protect you. Intelligence protects you. Enlightenment. Put your faith in something with tangible results. How long has it been since someone walked on water? Modern miracles belong to science...computers, vaccines, space stations...even the divine miracle of reaction. Matter from nothing...in a lab. Who needs God? No! Science is God.

The killer's voice resonated in Langdon's mind. Midnight...mathematical progression of death...sacrifici vergini nell' altare di scienza.

I am so looking forward to the movie.


10 comments:

  1. I'm yet to re-read the book, too. Would you believe I've never seen The Da Vinci Code yet? To think I almost didn't sleep just to finish the book in two days. The DVD has been waiting for me for over a year now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm the thing I keep telling myself about Dan BRown's novels are they are merely fiction. So I don't like the storyline affect my faith. Yes like you I am so looking forward to the movie as well. I liked Angels and Demons more than the Da Vinci Code. It was so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! am much more excited to see Rome in the movie though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, I can't wait anymore! :) I think Angels and Demons is more intriguing than The Da Vinci Code.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Angels and Demons, only the Da Vinci Code. Angels is a prequel to the Code?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wits, you have to see the Da Vinci Code. i loved it.

    daphne, i just love how langdon solves these mysteries like puzzles. of course, my faith remains. i'm just fascinated how his mind works.

    kg, definitely, they'll be showing a lot of Rome.

    lene, i agree.

    angeli, it's more of a sequel, and i think it's more exciting that Da Vinci.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. But I haven't seen the Da Vinci movie yet. I'd probably buy the DVD for both movie. That would take a while...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read the book, of Angels and Demons, it helps us really think and question. I love the synthesis and the unpredictable conclusion. Haven't read Da Vinci Code, after watching the movie I became too lazy to read the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The excerpt you posted is kinda scary. hehe.
    I can appreciate good writing without agreeing with the idea presented, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. disturbedwater, i agree. it's good writing and scary.

    ReplyDelete