Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm IN!

I got accepted to Georgetown University! I am so elated, and I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. I filed my grad school application before I flew to Hawaii for Christmas. I wasn't so sure I was going to be accepted as I felt that my essay was lousy. I received their letter yesterday, and since it was thin, I thought it was a rejection letter. In the tradition of applying for college, a thick (a welcome packet) or thin letter sort of tells you if you got accepted to a university of your choice or not. When I got the letter, I actually threw it on the dining table and proceeded to cook dinner. It took me a few hours of self convincing to open the letter and get the "rejection feeling" over with. So I did, to my surprise it read, "I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in the Georgetown University Liberal Studies Program..." I was silent for a moment, but I guess it took a few minutes to sink in before a huge smile formed on my face. It's that feeling of assurance that something good is happening. I want to relish this good feeling before the serious studying begins.

21 comments:

  1. whew, that calls or a celebration (in full blast)!

    congratulations Kayni!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! congratulations kayni! i'm so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whooah!!! kayni, i'm so happy for you! congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what, I'm smiling as I type this. I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Congrats! What are you going to study, if you don't mind me asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! congratulations kayni! good job!!!

    your initial reaction when you threw the envelope and went to cook dinner instead made me laugh, ha ha ha!

    sounds fun to be back to school: campus environment, new friends, books, weird professors, he he, hanging out to do group projects,libraries, sitting and reading in campus lawns,-- all these make me miss uni..

    look forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The agony and the ecstasy analogy.

    You did the right to ignore the letter and had negative thoughts first. I've always done that most of my life, whether being told to see the boss or getting a letter from home. The negative thoughts sets in first, followed by the good news. It's a simple psychology I employ to my inner self.

    However, a big congrats to attaining a more higher education, and that's not an easy feat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! i'm also happy! happy for you kayni! that is such great news and such a great accomplishment! bilib ako sayo! CONGRATS! mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations kayni!
    what a wonderful surprise, i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Karen! You are so lucky! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To all, Thank you so much for all the congratulations and well wishes.

    Wil, I'll be in the school of international service =).

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations :) so when does it start? i myself also started studying - distance learning though but nevertheless back to textbooks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toni, I might start with two subjects this summer. You're right - back to textbooks.

    Anna, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete