Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travel: Rome

In preparation for the movie "Angels and Demons," I'm posting some photos I took while I was studying in Rome. I was quite disappointed to know that some parts of the movie were shot at Sony Pictures Studios (Los Angeles) since Roman Catholic officials banned filming inside the churches; this is in lieu to the Catholic officials finding "The Da Vinci Code" offensive.

Rainy day outside the Pantheon

Fontana de Trevi (Trevi Fountain)

Roman Colosseum at sunset

Vittorio Emanuel

Interior of St. Peter's Basilica

Swiss Guards at the St. Peter's Square

Ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

This is the east wall - The Last Judgment by Michaelangelo

14 comments:

  1. beautiful! i hope i could go there too someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. betchay, do go when you have the chance. i had a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganda talaga ng Rome. Pangarap namin ni misis makapunta ng Europe, ewan lang kung kelan, hehe Swerte nyo ni KG!
    Excited na ako mapanood movie na yan. I have high hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my gosh kayni! todo reminisce ako because of your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you studied in Rome? wow! i bet you wanna visit the place again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures!
    I'd like to see the movie. I read the based on story several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your masters, would it lead you to a more historic place than rome? :)

    by the way, kayni, when will your classes start?

    ReplyDelete
  8. rico, i hope and pray you and your wife's dream will come true. rome is a great place.

    kg, me too =).

    mordsith, yes, i was there for my senior year. some friends and i are thinking of going for a reunion. i can't wait.

    3d, =).

    Mariko, great to see you here. i, too, am excited.

    angeli, you can say that - but historic in a sense that is more recent. i'll start fall semester.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Rome! I hope to watch the movie tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the book so I might see this film. Have heard some bad reviews for the film though. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wil, i try not to read any reviews before i watch a movie, in that case, i can just watch the movie and enjoy it =).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pics, now i know how they look like, i'm still finishing the book, will watch tomorrow i hope.

    ReplyDelete