Friday, May 21, 2010

Therapy - Prescribed By Dr. Kayni

Whenever I'm sick (and even homesick), I'd find myself craving for Filipino food (always).  Most of the time, I'd end up making any form of sinigang (usually pork or shrimp).  After carefully preparing the dish, I'd prepare a bowl and eat with a big spoon (for better soup scooping), and with the utmost anticipation, blow cold on every spoonful of that sour soup, and savor every sip that takes me back to memories of my childhood days - such is the power of food.  My other form of get-well therapy is raiding the nearest Filipino or International store and shop for familiar Filipino/Asian snacks that reminds me of home; that's exactly what happened to me this week.

The damage? (drum roll please...)

A box of Choco Pie, bag of Salt & Vinegar Cracklings, three Tamarind mixes, two Pinapaitan mixes (I don't know how this will taste as it's my first time buying them.), a bottle of Banana Catsup, two bags of Canton noodles, two Lucky Me Lomi/Batchoy noodles, and a Korean snack similar to Tohato.

----------

Of course, after shopping, I had to stop by Krispy Kreme and got my two current favorites:

Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles

Fresh and warm Original Glazed

A fine and donuty (is that even a word?) weekend to all!

13 comments:

  1. that's so true with me too. whether i'm sick or homesick, i also turn to my fave filipino foods. :)

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I am feeling down or feeling homesick I turn to steak. A good steak always brings joy to my stomach. Though I should try more Filipino foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did not know they have papait mix. i haven't had that in a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lucky Me noodles! I also like their pancit canton. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i'm sick...i eat icecream!!!! yum! yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you can easily find things to bring a little bit of home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Power of food! Hehehe. Buti nalang we have a filipino store and restaurant dito.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama Sita's Pinapaitan mix? Got to request from the pinoy supermarkets here to have it on their shelves especially that the municipality banned the "papa-it"...

    A great Sunday to you =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thatg pack makes me drool, i miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. donuts are a guilty pleasure of mine. if it weren't for the calories i'd be eating them by the dozen each week

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay, happy foods for you! :) but, take it slow on the cracklings ha. Too salty! :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum! me too - i also crave pinoy food when i am sick -- i love the chichirias especially.. which you cannot get here except for chippy and nagaraya ..

    ReplyDelete