Friday, July 23, 2010

Notebook Love

In response to Wifely Steps entry, Notebook in my Bag, I also carry a notebook in my bag. Nothing beats having a notebook and pen in hand when a great idea comes to mind. I bought this notebook in Hawaii when I went home to celebrate my 31st birthday. I love the Hawaiian themed cover because it reminds me that I'm carrying a piece of aloha with me wherever I go. It also makes me feel close to home all the time.

If I were to allow you to peek into my notebook, you'll see a hodgepodge of thoughts from what I'm feeling about work and life, weekend must-dos, shopping lists, recipes I'd like to try, blog ideas, my top ten world destinations (which seems to change every month), to what I'd like to eat for dinner. I also paste my favorite funny comic strips and cut out sweet notes from family and friends which I revisit when I am feeling low. This notebook isn't just an absorber of my stress and crazy moments, but also a source of laughter and encouragement.

Sometimes, when I'm so stressed at work, I usually get away from my computer and write on my notebook to relieve the stress. It helps me refocus and get back into working mode. This notebook is half-way full, so I might start looking for a new notebook soon.

How about you? Do you carry a notebook too?

15 comments:

  1. I carry a post it (large) to jot down my thoughts. I don't have much room for a notebook in my bag/purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I am engaged, I've been carrying a notebook to jot down ideas and inspiration for my wedding next year. It's not an organized notebook, not in the least, but it does help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing when I'm stressed out at work. I take out my notebook and write, write, write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do carry a notebook filled with everything "Candace". :0)

    Have a great weekend!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do too :) a small notebook..i like paper! any kind.. i think all my notebooks have the first pages used till i move to the next one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do too!

    i journal a lot, i found it the most practical and easiest anti-stress therapy.. i've got piles of notebooks from the past years..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do too :) It has all sorts of things scribbled on it as well as stickers from random items like luggage tags, food etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do have a notebook too. Mostly it's for things to do or buy. Sometimes, I write, doodle or draw my jewelries there =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes I do have too. I write things, ideas lalo na when I am stress. Writing next to baking relaxes me :)

    Enjoy the new week Kayni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I carry around a notebook, too. Just a small Moleskine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really should. i keep a notebook-style journal, though..which is always at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also have a small notebook in my hand, just the size of my hand... it has helped a lot in organizing my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kayni, what an excellent idea!! I currently don't have anything like what you have, though a good friend of mine did give me something I could use.

    ReplyDelete