Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sunflowers

I planted sunflowers on my front garden, and although I was so worried they wouldn't survive this ongoing heat wave, I'm surprised that they are thriving in the 90 or 100 degree, humid weather. I am so happy that every morning when I leave and come home from work, I am greeted by these smiling sunny faces.

I love it when they're still starting to bloom

Ever so patiently the petals slowly open to embrace the sun

Am I ready?

In full bloom and glory

I'm thinking of saving the seeds and plant them again next year.

Happy Thursday!

13 comments:

  1. So beautiful and huge :D Does it take a long time to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kate, I planted the seeds in May, and they've started blooming late June...so not that long of a wait.

    @ Eden, Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! Well-captured from "her" infancy to womanhood. I hope we can have our gardens here, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Wits, I had to check it every day so that I can capture the stages...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I planted those before in our subdivision. I had it pulled when i could not control their height anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whee, sunflowers! Just looking at pictures of them is enough to brighten my mood.

    We used to grow sunflowers when I was younger, and I enjoyed harvesting the seeds--and eating them afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Sheng, Oh yes, they could grow really tall. Mine are still at a good height.

    @ Dea, I agree. Whenever I see them, they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kayni! sunflowers are my favorite flower! i love them! i once bought some from baguio and tried to "grow" them at home. alas, di talaga kinaya. must be the combination of the weather and my not-green thumb. pero dream ko pa din to have many sunflowers in our garden!

    love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. and that's exactly why they're called "sunflowers!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. reminds me of so many things kayni. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice :) or you can leave them as it is and the birds will have a feast late summer/early autumn.. so wonderful to see them enjoy the sunflower seeds.. that's what i did last year..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuu certainly do have a green thumb. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete