Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Caribou Inspires

DC Metro was delayed again yesterday (this happens twice (or more) a week and this is in addition to the broken escalators and elevators - very disappointing transportation system!), so instead of fighting my way through a packed crowd, I decided to have a cup of coffee at Caribou Coffee and wait it out.

I've always liked Caribou Coffee especially that they have nicer, friendlier staff (Metro Center location) and really delicious dark chocolate drinks. I also love their breakfast selections and that I am a fan of their maple brown sugar crunch oatmeal. Anyway, while drinking my cup of iced mocha and scribbling my Metro frustrations on my journal, I noticed that there were quotes/messages on the napkins and my drinking cup. On a bad day like this, these inspirational quotes were just what I needed. Caribou did a great job on this. I spent my time at the cafe reading and writing them down on my journal.

Today, I'd like to share them with you. The ones in blue are my favorite quotes. Read through them and tell me your fave quote or quotes.

Stay awake for -
Maxing out your passport
ghost stories around the campfire
Adopting a four-legged friend
Playing an instrument
Break dancing
Luscious, oh-so-delicious chocolate


  • don't wait for new year's to make a resolution
  • spin the globe then pack your bags
  • have a favorite charity
  • sing out loud!
  • be the first to apologize
  • pour yourself a cup full of karma
  • dance in the rain
  • learn to say thank you in ten languages
  • step 1: rake leaves; step 2: jump
  • only look back if it makes you smile
  • be the ruler of your own life
  • indulge in chocolate therapy
  • you'll only be your current age
  • savor every sip
  • dare to adventure
  • be the first to enter and the last to leave the dance floor
  • lighten up
  • marshmallows have no nutritional value and that's ok
  • life is too short, stay awake for it

8 comments:

  1. that would definitely soften the blow of a delayed train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to find something that turns your frown upside down? Following you from Gal in the Middle's page.

    Please come for a visit at www.walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com

    We don't have Metro stops out here in the country, but we do have windmills and traffic jams when combines and other vehicles try to go down the same road different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that too. Coffee shop stop over to pass time during heavy traffic. :)

    Have a fab weekend Kayni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't wait for new year's to make a resolution," is one of my favorites. If you want to make a change to your life, you don't have to wait for the beginning of a new year, though it does make for an easy benchmark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quotes! I like "be the first to apologize." It's never easy to say sorry but it helps release the pain and loneliness once you say the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi thanks for dropping by Petty Things In Life .. looking forward to be of friends kabayan ... heheheh..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kayni, hope we have Caribou here in the Philippines also. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Be blessed always.

    ReplyDelete