Friday, August 6, 2010

Pho For A Rainy Day

Tái, Nạm, Gầu, Gân, Sách
With medium rare steak, flank, fatty flank, tendon and tripe

What can I say, DC Metro is proving to be a transportation of mediocrity these days. It's appalling that they have the audacity to raise fares yet their service is seriously deteriorating. It makes me wonder what I am paying for and where is my money going. Yesterday was another Metro day marred with crowded trains, non-working escalators, stop and go traffic, and train delays. I can't hold back my huge disappointment any longer. DC Metro sucks!

After my long ordeal with the Metro, I reached my last station at 7 PM. It also started pouring again, and I was too tired, too frustrated, and too hungry to drive home and still cook dinner. I decided to check out Pho & Grill (Gaithersburg) instead; I pass it on my drive to 270.  Besides, I really needed a place to just relax and let go of my negative emotions before I go home. I've passed through the place several times but never got the chance to try their food.  I know that the nearby Rockville area boasts of really delicious tasting Pho, so I came in with expectation that Pho & Grill could rival the Pho restaurants in Rockville, I wasn't disappointed.

 Gỏi Cuốn
Summer Rolls

The restaurant is very clean - almost gleaming. It has a very relaxing atmosphere. After placing my order, I chose a table near the entrance where I could watch the rain through the glass walls. My order arrived in a few minutes and the manager even served my food. Noticing that I was taking my time eating and watching the rain, the manager even asked me if I wanted my peanut sauce warmed up for my summer rolls. The summer rolls were delicious and the sauce sweet and not too peanuty.

On a rainy and frustrating day, life feels good again; my smile revived by the wonderful customer service, a warm bowl of delicious Pho, and a nice view of the pouring rain. I'm so glad it's Friday; I won't ride the Metro for at least two days.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, looks good!

    We were able to try pho during our trip to Vietnam last year, we had it for every meal! Now I'm craving for a bowl. Oh, I'll probably yearn for this next time it rains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the heat wave over na? back to rain and snow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love pho!
    hahaha, now i'm craving too. :P

    how are you though? you feeling much better now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. those summer rolls looked yummy. and that's one very observant and thoughtful manager.

    when i've had a long day, i also just meet up with the husband after work and suggest that we eat out. my work entails giving service to people so sometimes at the end of the day, i just want to be served, i just want to be taken cared of.

    have a stress-free week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm craving for pho even though it's really hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same order as you - pho and summer rolls each time I go to a pho house.

    We were coming back from a wonderful drive out in coast last Friday when around 9 pm we decided to stop at our favorite pho place only to be told they were closed!

    In short, I didn't get my pho fix this weekend.

    ReplyDelete