Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last Few Days Of Summer 2010

Last weekend was beautiful. The weather was perfect and everyone was out shopping and enjoying the outdoors. I think most people were out to enjoy the last few days of summer 2010. It was one of the hottest summers I've ever experienced in Maryland. I keep thinking this is a year of extremes, extreme winter (January and February) and extreme summer; I'm just hoping this coming winter would be mild and manageable. Climate is really changing. Part of me dreads the coming of winter, but I'm so ready to leave this hot and humid season behind.

paddling around the lake at Washingtonian
this is where I usually go our for my morning walks; it was too hot this summer though
the sky was beautiful and a nice view of the park
one of the fountains at the park

Happy Thursday! Happy September!

17 comments:

  1. wow, lucky you to enjoy the last rays of summer - it's been really cold here the last few days, it is really autumn despite the fact that it is still summer on the calendar-. heaters are already on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing that the EAST COAST didn't get a break weather wise this year. Both extreme summer and winter.

    Bawi na lang next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your park, so refreshing there! I need to freshen up, my days seem to be too stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if my view's like that, i'd go our fow walks everyday! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Kayni!

    Like you, i'm so excited to leave this season behind. until now, i still take a shower 3-4 times a day just to feel fresh and comfortable.

    i hope all is well out there..

    happy september!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i missed summer all of a sudden! but i like the rains i am getting now, though it can be scary sometimes. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the last throes of summer! Watch out for Hurricane Earl! But if you're not along the coastline, then I guess you shouldn't worry about it much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the second to the last photo is awesome....i love, love parks with plenty of water features

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy september too! that's a great way to celebrate the end summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures make smile. They are happy picture =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your place is so beautiful. very refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Washingtonian reminds me of a huge Burnham park.

    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh summer where are you? I just tagged you in a game of 8 questions over at my blog! http://galinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2010/09/getting-to-know-you-getting-to-know-all.html

    ReplyDelete