Friday, September 10, 2010

I Love Sick Days

I've already missed two days of work. I feel miserable, but I'm making the most of my sick days. After my doctor's appointment today, I managed to have some "me" time at Einstein Bros. with a cup of coffee and a bagel with strawberry schmear.  Sick and congested as I felt, I managed to pick up a few things for the house, then spent about two hours shopping for fall clothes. I know it sounds insane to be out shopping while I'm sick, but I value the days I'm off from work.

Anyway, for those wondering how I got sick. I spent my Labor Day weekend in Canada, but somehow the sudden drop in temperature when we reached Niagara Falls didn't agree with me. I came home sick as a dog and currently nursing a sinus infection. In my bedroom, I have a pile of nasty tissues on the floor, antibiotics and decongestants on my bed. I haven't had a decent sleep for the passed two nights because I'm coughing and feel so congested, but I'm hoping my new prescription today will help.

Please look forward to my upcoming posts about Ontario, Canada, but for now, I badly need a nap. I hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend.

21 comments:

  1. Hope you will feel better soon...a big warm hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get well soon kayni!!!

    i'me scited to see your pics! i want to see the niagara falls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww you need to rest up and drink plenty of fluids. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drink lots of fluids and rest well! It must be the flu season catching up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm nursing a bad migraine here, too. Get well soon kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi kayni. i hope you had fun despite the infection. i saw some of the pictures and they all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better! Here's a big virtual hug from Sunny Manila :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. uh-oh... get well soon, kayni.. the weather here is crazy.. one moment it's cool, one moment it's humid but my mommy hormones are keeping me healthy.. haven't been sick yet since becoming preggy.

    hoping your new prescription will work well so you can have a good rest...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's too bad, Kayni, having that sinusitis and all. When I have my attacks, I really can't go out of the house because I need to 'steam' (inhaling boiled water) from time to time because of congestion. It's so hard to breathe, really! I admire you for having a strong will. But please be careful. In times like those, you really need to take a complete rest.


    Get well soon, and yes, I'm looking forward to your Ontario stories and will surely anticipate pics of Niagara Falls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope you feel better soon. take it easy for now and "enjoy" your sick day. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're up to your feet soon. I have a coworker who's been down with what sounded like a flu. I hope she didn't spread her germs when she came to work for a day last week.

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you're sick Kayni. I hope you'll get well soon enough so you can enjoy your sick leave for a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're sick too? Ako din, called in sick at work for 2 days in a row due to a cold and sore throat. I think I got sick when I went to San Francisco last Tuesday and it was chilly. I live in the East Bay area which is 20 degrees warmer than San Francisco. Then Thursday night I got the chills. Friday, my throat felt scratchy and I tried to fight it off by gargling with warm water and salt, drinking plenty of fluids and vitamin C. But Saturday at 1:30 am my voice was so hoarse and my tonsils swollen...so I had to call off work. Now I have some congestion, a headache and a cough. Sigh..I don't like being sick. Well, I hope we both feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  14. get well soon kayni. i also missed a work day last friday for being sick. but i really liked the idea of enjoying your sick days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How are you na? Hope your feeling much better. Drink lots of water. Take care Kayni.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kayni! Just popping in to see you today. I hope you are feeling better!

    Blessings,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Get well soon Kayni - it really is not fun to be sick at all especially when you are alone ;( would be nice to have someone cook hot soup for you - maybe a nice neighbor, friend or so? take care ...

    ReplyDelete