Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ephesus, Turkey: A Travel To The Past

After Croatia, my excitement started to build up for our next destination - Kusadasi (Turkey). To me, this was the highlight of this cruise; second is Santorini (Greece).

Performers preparing for a dance at the Port of Kusadasi.
The welcome bag waiting for us inside our tour bus - postcards, a necklace, an evil eye pin and a map inside.
The country side.

Upon entering Ephesus, ruins laid everywhere, waiting to be discovered.
I didn't know where to focus my camera.
I was mesmerized.




Ephesus astounded me. I wish I could remember all the details and history our tour guide was telling us. Every column, every tile, every chipped marble and rock is a page waiting to be turned. It is history in any and every form.

Ephesus is too much, too beautiful, and I love every minute of my stay there.

8 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Ephesus. What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you got me wondering how possible a cruise for us in those places. Inspired =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a beautiful place. thanks for sharing your pictures kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kayni, what's an evil eye pin?

    beautiful shots! grabe, inggit ako sa mga napuntahan mo kayni! gusto ko din dyan. turkey must a "very cultural" place! :)

    PS. kayni, visit me at my new site ha (my old one is out): kumarenggrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit that one day! baka mataranta ako sa pagtake ng pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ephesus is a "hidden" gem in the travel world, imho. it's bound to astound anyone who comes to see it for the first time.

    ang daya you get a gift bag upon landing in kudasi. we didn't get anything when we docked in izmir :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parang napaka historic ng place. Looking forward to this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! im blown away. thanks for sharing always.

    ReplyDelete