Friday, April 29, 2011

Remembering Fall 2010

I found this draft unpublished and I think it's a waste if I can't share with you these photographs I took at the Seneca Creek Park during fall of 2010.

"I usually drive through this area on my way to and from work. I saw the bright yellows and oranges during one of my drives, so I decided to explore on one weekend. The experience was indescribable, as I walked below colorful trees while traversing on a yellow forest floor carpeted with fallen leaves."




 Looking up.

Mushrooms.
Red berries.

Interesting weeds.

 Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting
and autumn a mosaic of them all. (Horowitz)

9 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I am glad you found your draft :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, this is so timely. i am just starting to research where i can find the best sighting of fall colors for this year. we have not gone on a leaf peeping drive in a couple of years and i miss having a whole day of nothing but photographing the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. grabe, you pass through these to work? lucky you! these are such awesome sights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you decided to share your photos. They are beautiful. I love the colors of fall so much. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me. I hope you can find time for more relaxing walks and adventures and less work. Have a wonderful weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting weeds indeed. I don't think I've seen those. Love the red berry shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice photos...the colors are so rich! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely photographs kayni! loved the trees especially.

    ReplyDelete