Monday, July 25, 2011

Remembering Spring


As I sweat and whine about summer's oppressive heat,
thoughts of spring has filled my thoughts of late.

I miss the -

tall weeds dancing to the soft spring breeze
outburst of vibrant colors
sweet floral scents that filled the morning air
anticipation for the first spring rain
waiting for the right time to sow the vegetable seeds
deciding what flowers to grow
excitement of house renovations
looking forward to starting a new.

It's good to remember spring, but now, fall will be here anytime soon.

15 comments:

  1. I'm sure fall will bring you another beauty to behold..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what flowers are those? ang ganda ng kulay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. spring is my favorite season :) nice photo Kayni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a beautiful sight! I love the color and the way you captured it. :)

    Happy Ruby Tuesday :)ni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers, While we miss the spring, fall also brings in such wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's winter right now and i can't wait for spring. your post made long for it more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lauren, these flowers are called Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, you have been battered by lousy oppressive heat this summer. I hope there is relief in the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss spring too but any thoughts of fall will have to wait till late Novemeber. It's a tardy season here and seems to take forever to make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what's nice about spring is that it comes every year. a few months more and it will be there again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the colors of your pic! i'm so partial to earth colors!

    haay...buti oa kayo may spring!

    ReplyDelete