Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Love For Gardens

A couple of weeks ago, we visited Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. This place is really neat and there's so much to see. We only planned to visit for the day, but we were unable to see the entirety of the gardens. So, we bought an annual membership and could return anytime of the year. What I really like about this place is that, apart from being beautiful, they have exhibits going on throughout the year. For the long Labor Day weekend, we're going back to Longwood again and I hope to take more photos. Also, I can't wait to check out the historic bed and breakfast we're staying for the weekend.

 Impressive trimming.

 This puppy or dog is my favorite.

 Care to take a long walk with me?

 Lovely fountains.

They also have synchronized fountain shows at daytime and illuminated fountain shows at night with fireworks.

 Here's the Chimes Tower and Waterfalls. While we were there, the tower chimed every hour.

 Visitors chilling at the lake.

 This is called the Idea Garden because they showcase different types of flowers and plants that home gardeners can get their ideas from.

 You can also find places to just relax and enjoy the scenery.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to stroll around that garden for sure. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those bush like fountains! So cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the dog was a dinosaur :)

    I think it was wise to get an annual membership to this place. It's too huge. You simply cannot cover the whole place in one visit,.

    ReplyDelete