Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Maryland Getaway

We often speak, write and brag about vacations of faraway, forgetting that right where we are is a near destination absolutely beautiful worth exploring.

For Kepi's birthday, I took him to the town of Oxford for a weekend getaway. Oxford is about two hours drive from the Metro DC area, but the atmosphere there is contrast to the bustling city life in DC. Oxford is tucked quietly on the shores of the Chesapeake. Interestingly, Oxford has only one gas station and about five restaurants, that serves good food I may say. But the highlight of our getaway is Sandaway, the bed and breakfast we stayed in perched perfectly on a private beach and THE place to watch the sun set over the Chesapeake.

The Chesapeake

Home away from home.

Waiting for the sun to set.

Sunset

With cups of cocoa and tea to warm our hands, we ended the day watching the painted sky right from our bedroom window.

Happy Birthday, Kepi!

8 comments:

  1. i wanna go to maryland too! haaay...kayni, your posts are making me want to jump on the next plane to the US! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a pretty charming getaway/hide-away. Pretty sure he had a lovely time with you.

    I have posted my entry to the xchange gift over at WHATEVER COMES TO MIND. I hope you'll post yours soon so I can shop for you ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful place! thanks for sharing. for i can only see that place via picture. i can't afford to be there in person eh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the place is breathtaking! Your photos are great Kayni and I so love the sunset shot.

    Everything here is beautiful! :) I'm sure this is one of his most lovely birthday celebrations. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday Kepi, I know you had a great time.

    Beach + greens + sunset = perfect getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the sunset is so enchanting the golden red flame sky is so magnificent! Wonderful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The view is so serene. The pair of chairs reminded me of so many heartwarming films like The Notebook and the tree of Korean version of Sassy Girl.

    ReplyDelete