Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New York's Lady Liberty

I just got back from Vegas last night and here I am back to work the next day. Back to the grind as they say. Vegas was great and the weather was perfect and spring like. I wish we could have stayed longer, but vacations have to end and we must go back to our daily life. The highlight of my trip was seeing my dad. After not spending the Christmas holidays in Hawaii, it was great to have some time with him.

Anyway, as I sort through my Vegas photos. I'll post more photos of my New York visit last year.

A nice walk approaching the Liberty State Park.

I love how the trees were changing colors as the city serves as a backdrop.

I like New York City from a distance.

The historic Hudson.


It was a nice, crisp autumn day as we sailed along the Hudson.

A powerful image as our ferry approached Liberty Island.

At last we meet, Lady Liberty.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kayni! long time no visit ak ditoy, medyo na-busy.. as always, i love looking at the photos you post. kasla ak metten nakadanon dita.. oh, how i envy you... miss ko man ket ni Papak kadalasan. nakadu inbilbilin na kase kenyak a han ko maar aramid piman.. ㅎ____ㅎ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jehan, oh i understand that you're busy, no worries. wen, uray ni daddyk sika. i think all parents are like that. i think that no matter what, your dad is very proud of you and your accomplishments.

      Delete
  2. aw, you didn't stay behind for a valentines in vegas? i'm sure you found a little relaxing time in sin city. i remember going there in feb and the weather was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we wanted to spend valentine's day in vegas but i had to be back in DC for tuesday due to my class. it was still a fun trip and i wish i could take that weather with me to DC.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. I hope to visit New York some time soon. I am always wanting to visit this and that place. The wanderlust is strong in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos, esp. the one with trees and the city as backdrop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks for these pictures of New York! It's a city I've always wanted to visit but it remains to this day quite an elusive dream! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was awestruck as i met liberty. although she was smaller than i expected, she was majestic as i imagined.

    i also love the park! so nice to make tambay! :)

    ReplyDelete