Friday, March 16, 2012

Looking Forward To

Spring settles on my side of the woods.  A lot of trees and flowers are budding and blooming. What a wonderful time of the year!

Currently, the Magnolias are in full bloom and the city's now anticipating the Cherry Blossoms. So if you find yourself in DC this month, the peak bloom prediction of the blossoms is March 20–23, but apart from the blossoms there will be festival events for 5 weeks. This year's National Cherry Blossom Festival is the Centennial Celebration, paying tribute to the 100-year anniversary of the gift of trees from Japan.

The Cherry Blossom Festival is on the top of my "looking forward to" list, in addition to:
  • finishing spring semester - I will not be taking summer courses as I badly need some rest.
  • attending my first Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation Patient and Family Conference - it will be an opportunity to meet other patients like me. Please visit this website and learn more about bone marrow failure diseases.
  • see Shen Yun this month with Kepi and Mom - I can't wait to see incredible acrobatic performances and traditional Chinese dances.
  • the Sugarloaf Festival in April - A little shopping for crafty products.
  • Iceland in May
  • a trip to the beach in June - not sure which beach yet
  • BIBAK Kanyaw in July
Lots of good things to look forward to. Just taking it one day at a time.

8 comments:

  1. yay! certainly a lot of good things to look forward too. may i ask what is bibak kanyaw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of good things to look forward to. BIBAK means Benguet, Ifugao, Bontoc, Abra and Kalinga - association of the Cordillera provinces. Kanyaw is a gathering.

      Delete
  2. Lots of things to look forward to, that is just positivity! I love it! Be safe, Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did my comment go? I just did. But anyway, be safe, Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really look forward going to a cherry blossoms fest with my 2 sis in law with their families. it's very tiring going out with my BIL and his family. the wife kind of takes care of one child only and leaves the other to me. i was a bibak member for a year way back in college but i only attended one meeting and been to one event. it's sad being unable to speak the dialect (ibaloi), medyo nakaka-OP talaga. plus we got so busy during the major years...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be there to see the cherry blossoms. Iceland - wow. I would love to go there. It looks like such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iceland sounds great!

    and for June how about paying a visit to beaches here in the country? Palawan, Boracay, Bohol... as they say, "It's more fun in the Philippines." :)

    have fun, Kayni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iceland wow now that's something really grand to look forward to. I'm glad you got a hefty list of things to look forward to. It certainly helps to have such a list.

    ReplyDelete