Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To Bannon

On May 4th, I lost my dear cousin, friend and brother, Bannon, to a motorcycle collision.  Bannon and I were childhood friends and playmates.  We even went to school together, ate lunches together, went to church together and even joined singing contests as a duet.  Although my family moved to the US and we're physically apart for years, our friendship and closeness never dissipated.  When I went home a few years ago, we immediately picked up where we left off and just like old times, talked, laughed and cried. Truly, true friendship cannot accommodate distance and space.

I will truly miss you. Growing up with you was one of the best gifts you've given me. Thank you for everything, and I will love you always. Be at peace and I know you are at HOME now. I'll just have to learn to let you go at some point. Until we meet again and trust that I carry you in my heart.

 This is how I'll remember you - a brother with a great smile and a big heart.

9 comments:

  1. My heartfelt condolences for your lost, Kayni. May he rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why hubby doesn't want a motorcycle. It claims lives, even how careful we are, if others aren't.

    My deepest sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am with Sheng on this about motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest sympathy in your time of sorrow. He will live in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a bit sad. I almost cried, naalala ko kasi yung nephew who left us. :(

    Hugs sis. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that Kayni..
    Hope and pray you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No prayer's too late, my condolences Kayni.

    ReplyDelete