Monday, June 18, 2012

Cats Of Reykjavik

Wherever I visit, cats seem to roam the streets or just appear from nowhere.  Here are some photos of the cats we met in Reykjavik:

What a day!

"Go away!," says the black cat with piercing eyes.

This is my house.

Purr...let me sleep.

What's that?

Sshhh...quiet.

Here's one aloof cat we met. He just gave us that mean look saying, "What do you want?"

This cat loves to sleep at our guest house's living room couch. I later found out that he was featured in a book about interesting facts in Reykjavik. If I remember it right, his name is Borgata. I could be wrong, but he's a sweet cat and I did took a photo of him with his book, but then, I really don't post my face here on my blog.

What was amazing was these cats were so furry, heavy and large. I think that they do need a larger body and lots of fur to keep them warm throughout the year. Most of all, these Icelandic cats were beautiful and super soft.

11 comments:

  1. Aww how sweet. That last black cat is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute. i believe they have to be furry to survive in that climate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mahilig ka lang siguro sa cats, that's why you notice them. :)

    you're like my brother in law who loves cats...wherever he is, he takes pics or videos of cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kg, I've always been a dog person, but I've noticed cats are everywhere in my travels.

      Delete
  4. OMG! you are right! the cats are all beautiful and look super soft and cuddly. I want to hug :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, Ako rin. I kept chasing them because I want to pick them up and hug them...lol.

      Delete
  5. So cute and fluffy. But I'm a little afraid of the last mean look hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayni, kasla ka nga ni ading ko Meliza (youngest girl)... she even adopted a cat in their dorm^^,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cats! The ginger cat is close to the one featured in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete