Monday, January 7, 2013

A Short Bitter Update

In a few days, spring semester begins once again. My classes are less interesting compared to the fall, but it looks like the requirements aren't demanding as last year. Anyway, I wanted to post a short update before I get lost again in the realm of late night classes, lectures and textbooks. For the next few months, I'll miss the fun of going to bed early or having those lazy nights molding in front of the TV.

In the other aspects of life:

I have been keeping quiet about this, but today was the breaking point. I got a call from my clinical nurse that I need to repeat the bone-marrow biopsy. Imagine how I sunk into sudden depression. The reason for this repeat biopsy is because of an unexplained tumor on my left leg; I noticed the growth about a few months ago. The few weeks before my flight to Spain, I went through several tests including MRIs (twice) and a Cat Scan. The surgeon overlooking my case believes that the tumor is benign and does not like the idea of surgery because of my low platelets. So here I am again, facing another biopsy. Whatever happens, this is no longer in my hands.

Amidst the challenges in my world, the wedding plans are on-going.  Sometimes I feel that I am putting so much burden on Kepi. I am thankful he's on my side but I am also sad that he has to carry a lot of my stressful situation.

116 days to go before my wedding day.

So much that has happened and is happening are out of my control, and these remind me of a quote from the movie Lord of the Rings.

'So do I,' said Gandalf, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on your engagement and a blessed 2013 to you! i'm sending you thoughts of good health and positivity as you go thru another biopsy. your faith will make it all easy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about this news :( I hope that things will take a turn for the better soon and that you will be completely healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have that BIG DAY to look forward to. hang in there, Kayni.

    (happy thoughts and wishes for you from this side of the world)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i pray for your complete healing and of course i also pray for a wonderful wedding and life with your future husband take care and be strong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad to hear that you have to undergo another biopsy, Kayni. Yet at the same time I am really glad you got a good support system with Kepi. Don't be sad for him, men are tougher than we think! he he he

    Btw I'm excited about your wedding day! I'm not good in math so I cannot really figure out the exact date LOL But I reckon it will be sometime in May, I think. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. patuloy mi sika ikararagan, Kayni.. and yes, mumayat tu amin before jay pa-"long table" mo a kunada ijay ayan tayo, haha...

    hugs and kisses from SooAe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs Kayni, think of this as just another bump on the road to full recovery. Keep up the faith and remember you need all your strength for that walk down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a trooper, Kayni! Hang in there. I'm quite impressed how you're able to get through all these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear that Kayni. I pray that the tumor is really benign and you'll be completely well this year and beyond especially that you have a wedding to look forward to this year. Keep looking on the positive side.

    ReplyDelete