Thursday, November 21, 2013

Barcelona's La Boqueria

I'd like to take a break from my road to transplant posts. I have to keep living and reminiscing our trip to Spain last year makes me long for the thrill of travel again. I took these photos on one of our nightly walks at La Rambla. Our hotel was on La Rambla so this gave us an opportunity to enjoy the lights and crowd that La Rambla offers.

Here are photos taken at La Boqueria. There's so much life and color here. It's vibrant and it's always full of people. For me, it's the colors of sweets and produce that entices me to spend hours here.


 These Mangoes were HUGE. The photo doesn't really show it, but I've never seen such large Mangoes.

 My weakness...locally made sweets.


 You can see that I hovered at this shop for quite a long time.

 Spiral lollipops, olive oil bottles and more.

 Peppers and vegetables.

  Mushrooms

These are soft candies covered in sugar. They also come in different flavors.

La Boqueria also offers places for lunch and really good tapas. It's worth a visit and I think it's a great place to shop and eat.

6 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the Mercato Centrale in Florence. I love these types of places too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been to the one in Florence too. There's something about markets that makes me excited and happy.

      Delete
  2. when we travel, we always check out the local market of the place we're visiting. a place's exuberance is captured in its market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's also in the local markets that you'd see what locals are buying and eating. For me, it makes me feel that I'm getting real stuff not the touristy kind.

      Delete
  3. Wow I'm sure the pictures don't capture the scent. The smell must have been heavenly. Makes me hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there were all types of food smells from fruity, grilled to fried and all sorts.

      Delete