Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ciao 2013! Aloha 2014!

A few hours from now, a brand new year begins.

What can I say, 2013 was a difficult year. Yes, I used "was" because I am so ready to leave this year behind.  It seems auspicious that my treatment begins on January 1st signaling that 2014 would be a year of hope and healing. I pray that 2014 will be a kinder, more generous and fulfilling year.

I don't specifically hate this year, but it is a year that I cried the most and spent a lot of time in hospitals. However, I will try to find the good things about it because the good things "always" outweigh the bad.
  • I got married - May 3rd
  • I came to know the courageous part of me
  • Got closer to God, family and friends
  • Sold my first home at Vision
  • Paid off my credit cards
  • Bought a new home with my husband
  • Felt the support of family and friends
  • Found the support of coworkers and my firm
  • Met a kind, understanding transplant doctor
  • Took several road trips - Niagara Falls Canada, New York, New Jersey, VA Beach etc.
Thank you 2013 for all the blessings you have brought and the lessons you have taught.

Wishing everyone a blessed 2014! Thank you so much for the love and support.

Love,
Kayni


2 comments:

  1. paying off credit cards is a big relief!!!!

    yes, the blessings outweighs heartaches, you'll see.

    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. May courage be your companion throughout 2014. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete